Remini Scarfpin,11, rides with her mother Kelly McFadden on Ben Hill Griffen Parkway. They were riding with Scarfpin's brother, Riley, 9. McFadden likes the scenery along Ben Hill Griffen. / Andrew West/Coastal Life
Members of the Caloosa Riders gather for a portrait on a bike trail in south Fort Myers. / Andrew West/Coastal Life
View Scenic SWFL Bike Paths in a larger map
Fun cycling facts• There is an average of 1.90 vehicles and 0.86 adult-sized bicycles per U.S. household.
• About 25 percent of U.S. adults use a biking, walking or hiking trail at least once a week.
• Nearly 60 percent of all bike trips are shorter than one mile.
• The number of Americans who ride bikes is greater than all those who ski, golf and play tennis combined.
• The average bicycle commute is 7.5 miles and takes 30.7 minutes.
• 71 percent of Americans say they would like to bicycle more than they do now.
- Source: bikesbelong.org