your weekly update of upcoming running, cycling and triathlon events,
with Friday the Cape Coral Critical Mass ride, and this Saturday the First Annual CRBC Pride Ride with a selection of rides over the causeway on to Sanibel and Captiva. We're in rainy season, so check
online (links provided below) if the ride is still on before you go.
FORT MYERS TRACK CLUB (ftmyerstrackclub.com):
- Priority Business Solutions Freedom 5K Run/Walk & Gunterberg Charitable Foundation Kid's Fun Run, Monday, July 4, 7 a.m., Cape Coral Chamber of Commerce.
- Tunnel to Towers 5K, Saturday, Sept. 10, FSW campus, Fort Myers.
- Downtown Dash 1 Mile Run, Friday, Sept. 16, downtown Fort Myers.
- Fort Myers Cops & Joggers 5K, Saturday, Oct. 8, downtown Fort Myers.
GC RUNNERS (gcrunner.org):
- 2022 Firecracker 5K, Monday, July 4, 7 a.m., Lake Park, Naples.
- Friends of Foster Children Forever Labor Day 5K, Monday, Sept. 6, Lowdermilk Park, Naples.
ELITE EVENTS (runeliteevents.com):
- USA Independence Day 5K, Monday, July 4, 7 a.m., Hertz Arena, Estero.
- Naples Distance Classic Half-Marathon, 10K and 5K, Saturday, Oct. 8, Eagle Lakes Park, Naples.
- Saturday, June 25: First Annual CRBC Pride Ride (rescheduled from June 4 due to weather), 40+ mile ride from Bike Bistro to northern end of Captiva and back, starts at 7:30 a.m. Variety of speeds accommodated, including a no-drop ride that includes a “Ding” Darling loop. Donations welcomed to support Equality Florida and Cape Coral Pride.
- July 5-9, 12-16 and 26-30:
Wheel Lee Fun, 8-11:30 a.m. Help your kids learn bike safety and
maintenance (and much more), with riders from learning to ride all the
way to advanced. Three-one-week sessions planned.
The Caloosa Riders are offering member rides, but some are open to non-members (and it wouldn’t hurt you to join the club); check their ride calendar (caloosariders.org) for a description of the distance and speed, and to see if the ride is open to all.
SW Florida Critical Mass is offering their usual slate of family-friendly rides. Check out their line-up online (www.meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/) for details and times (and to make sure the ride is still rolling).
- SW Florida Critical Mass ride, first Friday of the month. A family-friendly slow night ride through Fort Myers. Front and rear bike lights required. Helmet and lights required, meet in the parking lot at 2180 West First Street, Fort Myers.
- Sanibel Critical Mass night ride, second Saturday of the month. Gathers at Jerry’s Shopping Center, 1700 Periwinkle Way, on Sanibel. Lights required, helmets recommended.
- NE Lee Critical Mass ride, third Friday of the month. Gather in the Winn Dixie parking lot on Palm Beach Blvd. (about five miles east of the Interstate) for a slow ride through Fort Myers Shores.
- Cape Coral Critical Mass ride, fourth Friday of the month. Gather at the Southwest Florida Military Museum parking lot at 4820 Leonard Street for a family-friendly night ride through the Cape; helmets and lights required.
- Saturday Morning
Slow Roll, fourth Saturday of the month. Meet-up at 2160 McGregor Blvd.,
Fort Myers. Recommended for inexperienced/young riders. Distance is 6
miles, includes group ride instruction.
- Siesta Key Sirens & Merman Triathlon, Sunday, June 26, Siesta Key (run941.com/).
For the very latest, go to Fort Myers Track Club (ftmyerstrackclub.com), Gulf Coast Runners (gcrunner.org), Caloosa Riders (caloosariders.org), and South West Florida Critical Mass (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL)