- Thursday, July 4: Freedom 5K, Cape Coral Bridge (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Thursday, July 4: Moe’s Firecracker 5K, Fleishmann Park, Naples (gcrunner.org)
- Thursday, July 4: USA Independence Day 5K, Hertz Arena, Estero (eliteevents.org)
- Saturday, July 27: Eagle Lakes 5K, Eagle Lakes Community Park, Naples (runeliteevents.com)
- Saturday, Aug. 24: Rampage 5K, North Collier Regional Park, Naples (runeliteevents.com)
- Monday, Sept. 2: Labor Day 5K, Lowdermilk Park, Naples (gcrunner.org)
- For more running events visit gcrunner.org/calendar.html; ftmyerstrackclub.com/race-calendar; eliteevents.org and 3dracinginc.com
- Monday, June 24: Monday Minions Ride. This is a weekly ride that rolls in the 13-15 mph range. Total distance around 15 miles. After the ride most go over to Square 1 restaurant for the $5 burger and fries deal. If you are looking to get into cycling beyond the casual roll, this is an ideal ride for you. 6 p.m., Fort Myers Cyclery, 3630 Cleveland Avenue, Fort Myers (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL)
- Tuesday, June 25: Taco Tuesday Ride. Every Tuesday night, We Ride For Tacos! After a 21 mile ride on Treeline/Old Airport/Daniels/6 Mile Cypress roads and paths, we'll finish at Tijuana Flats for Taco Tuesday. B RIDERS: 16 to 18 mph for the basic group. A RIDERS: The faster group rides at 20mph plus. We finish well after dark, so Front And Rear Lights are Required. 6:30 p.m., Trek Bicycle Store of Fort Myers, 8291 Dani Drive, Fort Myers (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL)
- Saturday, June 29: Saturday Morning Slow Roll and Training. Are you new to group riding, or want enjoy riding through town and the neighborhoods surrounding the Edison home? Join us for a casual 8-10 mph roll on the last Saturday of every month. A very family friendly ride. The ride is 6 miles long in total. Grab your bike and helmet, come and ride! Meet up in the usual side lot next to Publix. Meet up 8 a.m., roll 8:15 a.m. (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL)
- Sunday, June 30: Wakey, Wakey! Weekly Sunday Morning Ride. This is a weekly ride for riders of most skill levels and most types of bicycles (hybrids, fitness, and road). The ride is sanctioned by the Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club, thus helmets are required, no ear buds, and no aero bar use while in the group. 7.30 a.m., location varies, visit (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL) for details.
- July 8-12: Wheel Lee Fun Session 4 summer camp for ages 8-15, 1941 Hill Ave., Fort Myers (caloosariders.org)
- Saturday-Sunday, July 13-14: Wheels & Wings, 15/32/50/62 mile rides from Beef O’Bradys, Punta Gorda (peaceriverridersbicycleclub.com)
- July 15-19: Wheel Lee Fun Session 5 summer camp for ages 8-15, 1941 Hill Ave., Fort Myers (caloosariders.org)
- July 22-26: Wheel Lee Fun Session 6 (final session) summer camp for ages 8-15, 1941 Hill Ave., Fort Myers (caloosariders.org)
- Ongoing: Join the Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club on one of their many weekly rides for members and potential members, with an array of paces and routes to choose from. Check them out online at www.caloosariders.org.
- For more Lee County cycling and tri events, visit Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club (caloosariders.org); Florida Mudcutters (mudcutters.org); and SW Florida Biking Meetup Group (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL).
- Monday, Sept. 2: Venice Sprint Tri, Sharky’s on the Pier, Venice (trifind.com)
- Saturday-Sunday, Sept. 7-8: Galloway Captiva Tri. Sprint on Saturday, kids’ events Sunday (www.gearedup.biz)
- Saturday, Sept. 21: The Original Siesta Key Tri, sprint (runsignup.com)
- Sunday, Nov. 17: Longboat Key Sprint/Olympic Triathlon and Duathlon and 5K (imathlete.com)
- Check trifind.com to find regional and state tris.