The weather has been fabulous all weekend long for outdoor activities. We hope you enjoyed it. Here is your weekly update of upcoming running, walking and cycling events, with this Saturday the Golisano Children's Hospital Benefit Ride. Details below.
FORT MYERS TRACK CLUB (ftmyerstrackclub.com):
- Lovers Key Turtle Trot 5K, Saturday, May 14, 8 a.m., Lovers Key Park, Fort Myers Beach.
GC RUNNERS (gcrunner.org):
- 10K Run for Music, Saturday, April 19, 7:30 a.m., Pelican Bay, Naples
- Tropicool 5K, Saturday, May 14, downtown Naples.
ELITE EVENTS (runeliteevents.com):
- Paradise Coast Half Marathon, Sunday, April 24, North Collier Regional Park, Naples.
- Average Joe 5K Run (you finish in the middle of the pack to win it), Sunday, April 10, North Collier Regional Park, Naples (active.com).
Golisano Children's Hospital Benefit Ride, Saturday, April 2. 40-mile
fund-raiser, a no-drop ride to Naples from the Gulf Coast Town Center
Costco. $25 minimum donation.
The Caloosa Riders are offering member rides, but some are open to non-members (and it wouldn’t hurt you to join the club); check their ride calendar (caloosariders.org) for a description of the distance and speed, and to see if the ride is open to all.
SW Florida Critical Mass is offering their usual slate of family-friendly rides. Check out their line-up online (www.meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/) for details and times (and to make sure the ride is still rolling).
- SW Florida Critical Mass ride, first Friday of the month. A family-friendly slow night ride through Fort Myers. Front and rear bike lights required. Helmet and lights required, meet in the parking lot at 2180 West First Street, Fort Myers.
- Sanibel Critical Mass night ride, second Saturday of the month. Gathers at Jerry’s Shopping Center, 1700 Periwinkle Way, on Sanibel. Lights required, helmets recommended.
- NE Lee Critical Mass ride, third Friday of the month. Gather in the Winn Dixie parking lot on Palm Beach Blvd. about five miles east of the Interstate; gather at 7 p.m. and roll at 7:30 p.m. for a slow ride through Fort Myers Shores.
- Cape Coral Critical Mass ride, fourth Friday of the month. Gather at the Southwest Florida Military Museum parking lot at 4820 Leonard Street for a family-friendly night ride through the Cape; helmets and lights required.
- Saturday Morning
Slow Roll, fourth Saturday of the month. Meet-up at 2160 McGregor Blvd.,
Fort Myers. Recommended for inexperienced/young riders. Distance is 6
miles, includes group ride instruction.
- Escape from Fort Desoto Triathlon, sprint tri, duathlon, aquabike, Saturday, April 16, Fort Desoto Park, St. Petersburg.
- St. Anthony’s Triathlon, Olympic and sprint, Sunday, May 1, St. Petersburg (satriathlon.com/).
- Heartland Triathlon, sprint and Olympic tri, duathlon and aquabike, Sunday, June 5, Sebring (heartlandtri.com/).
- Siesta Key Sirens & Merman Triathlon, Sunday, June 26, Siesta Key (run941.com/).
For the very latest, go to Fort Myers Track Club (ftmyerstrackclub.com), Gulf Coast Runners (gcrunner.org), Caloosa Riders (caloosariders.org), and South West Florida Critical Mass (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL)