- Saturday, Jan. 11: Pine Island Kiwanis Club Calusa 5K, Pine Island (3dracinginc.com)
- Saturday, Jan. 18: Run to Home Base 5K run/walk, 1 mile walk and kids dash, JetBlue Park, Fort Myers (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Saturday, Jan. 18: Tour de Cape 5K, part of a weekend of activities based at Cape Harbour, Cape Coral (tourdecape.net)
- Sunday, Jan. 19: Naples Daily News Half Marathon, Naples (gcrunner.org)
- Saturday, Jan. 25: BUG Chase 5K run/walk, Calusa Nature Center, Fort Myers (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Saturday, Jan. 25: Run for the Paws 5K, to benefit the Collier Humane Society (gcrunner.org)
- Saturday, Feb. 1: Strides for Education 5K Run/Walk, Florida Southwestern Stats College (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Saturday, Feb. 1: Running Water 5K, Jaycee Park, Cape Coral (3dracinginc.com)
- Sunday, Feb. 2: Publix Run to the Arts 5K, downtown Fort Myers (runsignup.com or runtothearts.com)
- Saturday, Feb. 8: Rotary’s Run for the Rose Garden 5K Cape Coral (3dracinginc..com).
- Sunday, Feb. 9: Edison Junior Races, a number of length based on age, all in downtown Fort Myers (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Saturday, Feb. 15: Edison 5K run/walk, downtown Fort Myers (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Sunday, Feb. 16: Paradise Coast Half Marathon/5K, North Collier Regional Park (runeliteevents.com)
- Saturday, Feb. 22: Run the Lakes for Cypress Lake Middle 5K, Lakes Park, Fort Myers (runsignup.com).
- Saturday, Feb. 29: City of Palms Half Marathon/5K, Florida Gulf Coast University (runeliteevents.com)
- Saturday, Feb. 29: Naples Golden Eagle 5K, downtown Naples (gcrunner.org).
- Sunday, March 1: Lazy Flamingo Half-Marathon & Two-Person Relay, Fort Myers (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- For more running events visit gcrunner.org/calendar.html; ftmyerstrackclub.com/race-calendar; eliteevents.org and 3dracinginc.com
- Monday, Dec. 30: Monday Minions Ride. This is a weekly ride that rolls in the 13-15 mph range. Total distance around 15 miles. After the ride most go over to Square 1 restaurant for the $5 burger and fries deal. If you are looking to get into cycling beyond the casual roll, this is an ideal ride for you. 6 p.m., Fort Myers Cyclery, 3630 Cleveland Avenue, Fort Myers (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL)
- Tuesday, Dec. 31: Taco Tuesday Ride. Every Tuesday night, We Ride For Tacos! After a 21 mile ride on Treeline/Old Airport/Daniels/6 Mile Cypress roads and paths, we'll finish at Tijuana Flats for Taco Tuesday. B RIDERS: 16 to 18 mph for the basic group. A RIDERS: The faster group rides at 20mph plus. We finish well after dark, so Front And Rear Lights are Required. 6:30 p.m., Trek Bicycle Store of Fort Myers, 8291 Dani Drive, Fort Myers (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL)
- Sunday, Jan. 5: Wakey, Wakey! Weekly Sunday Morning Ride. This is a weekly ride for riders of most skill levels and most types of bicycles (hybrids, fitness, and road). The ride is sanctioned by the Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club, thus helmets are required, no ear buds, and no aero bar use while in the group. 7.30 a.m., location varies, visit (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL) for details.
- Saturday, Jan. 11: Sanibel Critical Mass ride, gathers at 7 p.m. at Jerry’s Shopping Center, 1700 Periwinkle Way, on Sanibel. Lights required, helmets recommended. (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL)
- Ongoing: Join the Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club on one of their many weekly rides for members and potential members, with an array of paces and routes to choose from. Check them out online at www.caloosariders.org.
- For more Lee County cycling and tri events, visit Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club (caloosariders.org); Florida Mudcutters (mudcutters.org); and SW Florida Biking Meetup Group (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL).