FORT MYERS TRACK CLUB (ftmyerstrackclub.com):
- Cops & Joggers 5K, Saturday, Oct. 9, 7:45 p.m., downtown Fort Myers
- 10K Race for F.I.S.H., Saturday, Oct. 23, Sanibel Island. In-person and virtual.
GC RUNNERS (gcrunner.org):
- Friends of Foster Children Forever Labor Day 5K, Monday, Sept. 6, 7:30 a.m. Lowdermilk Park, Naples and virtual.
- 2021 GCR Thanksgiving 5K, Thursday, Nov. 25, 7:30 a.m. Cambier Park, Naples and virtual.
ELITE EVENTS (runeliteevents.com):
- Venice Half Marathon & 5K, Saturday, Oct. 9, 6:30 a.m., Maxine Barritt Park, Venice.
- Naples Rocktoberfest 10K & 5K, October (date TBD), North Collier Regional Park, Naples.
- Fort Myers City of Palms Half Marathon & 5K, date TBD, FGCU.
- Naples Distance Classic Half Marathon, 18K & 5K, date TBD, Eagle Lakes Park, Naples.
- Thanksgiving Day 5K (two races), Thursday, Oct. 25, Hertz Arena in Estero and The Village Shops on Venetian Bay, Naples. 7 a.m. and 7:30 a.m. respectively.
- Run 3 for Joey D 5K, Saturday, Sept. 18, North Collier Regional Park (active.com).
- Average Joe 5K Run (where the person who finishes in the middle wins, along with overall and age group winners), Saturday, Oct. 9, North Collier Regional Park (active.com).
- LRC Hams & Gams 5K Turkey Trot, Saturday Nov. 13, Hendry Complex, LaBelle (active.com)
- Publix Run to the Arts 5K run/walk, Nov. 20, runsignup.com or runtothearts.com
The Caloosa Riders are offering member rides, but some are open to non-members (and it wouldn’t hurt you to join the club); check their ride calendar (caloosariders.org) for a description of the distance and speed, and to see if the ride is open to all.
SW Florida Critical Mass is offering their usual slate of family-friendly rides. Check out their line-up online (www.meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/) for details and times (and to make sure the ride is still rolling).
- SW Florida Critical Mass ride, first Friday of the month. A family-friendly slow night ride through Fort Myers. Front and rear bike lights required. Helmet and lights required, meet in the parking lot at 2180 West First Street, Fort Myers.
- Sanibel Critical Mass night ride, second Saturday of the month. Gathers at Jerry’s Shopping Center, 1700 Periwinkle Way, on Sanibel. Lights required, helmets recommended.
- NE Lee Critical Mass ride, third Friday of the month. Gather in the Winn Dixie parking lot on Palm Beach Blvd. about five miles east of the Interstate; gather at 7 p.m. and roll at 7:30 p.m. for a slow ride through Fort Myers Shores.
- Cape Coral Critical Mass ride, fourth Friday of the month. Gather at the Southwest Florida Military Museum parking lot at 4820 Leonard Street for a family-friendly night ride through the Cape; helmets and lights required.
- Saturday Morning
Slow Roll, fourth Saturday of the month. Meet-up at 2160 McGregor Blvd.,
Fort Myers. Recommended for inexperienced/young riders. Distance is 6
miles, includes group ride instruction.
If racing is not your thing but you’d like to support their return nonetheless, consider volunteering to help out at the few in-person offerings ahead. With Covid concerns still confining some of the usual volunteers, a few new helping hand would certainly be welcomed.
- Fort Desoto Triathlon, Aug. 14, Fort Desoto (St. Petersburg), sprint and Olympic
- Fort Desoto Triathlon, Sept. 11, Fort Desoto (St. Petersburg), sprint and Olympic
- St. Anthony’s Triathlon (St. Petersburg) rescheduled to Oct. 1-3, 2021
- City Island Triathlon, Oct. 10, Sarasota
For the very latest, go to Fort Myers Track Club (ftmyerstrackclub.com), Gulf Coast Runners (gcrunner.org), Caloosa Riders (caloosariders.org), and South West Florida Critical Mass (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL).