FORT MYERS TRACK CLUB (ftmyerstrackclub.com):
- Midpoint Madness 5K, Thursday, Nov. 11, 7 p.m., Midpoint Bridge, Fort Myers
- Turkey Trot, Thursday, Nov. 25, 7:30 a.m. at its new location at the Edison and Ford Winter Estates. In-person and virtual.
- River Run, Saturday, Dec. 4, details TK.
GC RUNNERS (gcrunner.org):
- GCR Halloween Monster 5K, Saturday, Oct. 30, 7:30 a.m., Fleischmann Park, Naples
- Olde Naples 10K, Saturday, Nov. 13, 7:30 a.m.
- 2021 GCR Thanksgiving 5K, Thursday, Nov. 25, 7:30 a.m. Cambier Park, Naples and virtual
ELITE EVENTS (runeliteevents.com):
- Naples Distance Classic Half Marathon, 18K & 5K, Saturday, Nov. 13, Eagle Lakes Park, Naples
- Thanksgiving Day 5K (two races), Thursday, Oct. 25, Hertz Arena in Estero and The Village Shops on Venetian Bay, Naples. 7 a.m. and 7:30 a.m. respectively
- Christmas Glow Run 5K, 5:45 p.m., Sugden Regional Park, Naples.
- Naples Fall Classic half marathon and 5K, 7 a.m., Sugden Regional Park, Naples.
- Christmas Glow Run 5K, Saturday, Dec. 18, 6 p.m., Nathan Benderson Park, Sarasota.
- Sarasota West Coast half marathon and 5K, Sunday, Dec. 19, 7 a.m., Nathan Benderson Park, Sarasota.
- LRC Hams & Gams 5K Turkey Trot, Saturday Nov. 13, Hendry Complex, LaBelle (active.com)
- Publix Run to the Arts 5K run/walk, Nov. 20, downtown Fort Myers runsignup.com or runtothearts.com
- ELCP Turkey Run 5K, Saturday, Nov. 20, 8 a.m., Donna Fiala Eagle Lakes Community Park, Naples.
Annual Iron Joe Turkey Ride, Sunday, Nov. 28, 7:30 a.m., distances of
5, 10, 20, 40 and 62 miles. Eagle Lakes Community Park, Naples.
The Caloosa Riders are offering member rides, but some are open to non-members (and it wouldn’t hurt you to join the club); check their ride calendar (caloosariders.org) for a description of the distance and speed, and to see if the ride is open to all.
SW Florida Critical Mass is offering their usual slate of family-friendly rides. Check out their line-up online (www.meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/) for details and times (and to make sure the ride is still rolling).
- SW Florida Critical Mass ride, first Friday of the month. A family-friendly slow night ride through Fort Myers. Front and rear bike lights required. Helmet and lights required, meet in the parking lot at 2180 West First Street, Fort Myers.
- Sanibel Critical Mass night ride, second Saturday of the month. Gathers at Jerry’s Shopping Center, 1700 Periwinkle Way, on Sanibel. Lights required, helmets recommended.
- NE Lee Critical Mass ride, third Friday of the month. Gather in the Winn Dixie parking lot on Palm Beach Blvd. about five miles east of the Interstate; gather at 7 p.m. and roll at 7:30 p.m. for a slow ride through Fort Myers Shores.
- Cape Coral Critical Mass ride, fourth Friday of the month. Gather at the Southwest Florida Military Museum parking lot at 4820 Leonard Street for a family-friendly night ride through the Cape; helmets and lights required.
- Saturday Morning
Slow Roll, fourth Saturday of the month. Meet-up at 2160 McGregor Blvd.,
Fort Myers. Recommended for inexperienced/young riders. Distance is 6
miles, includes group ride instruction..
- St. Anthony’s Triathlon (St. Petersburg) has been rescheduled again, now to May 1, 2022, Olympic and sprint
- Spa Girl Tri, Nov. 13, Marco Island, sprint
- Manasota Key Tri, Nov. 14, Englewood, sprint
- Over The Hill Tri, Nov. 14, Venice, sprint
For the very latest, go to Fort Myers Track Club (ftmyerstrackclub.com), Gulf Coast Runners (gcrunner.org), Caloosa Riders (caloosariders.org), and South West Florida Critical Mass (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL)