With the fall racing season starting, race calendars are slowly but surely filling up with virtual and in-person events. For an in-depth look, check the latest BikeWalkLee blog. Here are some upcoming options from now to the new year.
Fort Myers Track Club (ftmyerstrackclub.com):
- Cops & Joggers Virtual 5K, July 10-Oct. 10 (virtual)
- Sanibel Island 10K Race 4 F.I.S.H., Aug. 18-Oct. 31 (virtual)
- Cape Coral Turkey Trot 5K, Sept. 17-Nov. 26 (virtual)
- City of Palms River Run 10K, Sept. 17-Dec. 5 (virtual)
- Lazy Flamingo Half Marathon & 2-Person Relay, Sept. 17-Dec. 20 (virtual)
GC Runners (gcrunner.org):
- Snip Collier 5K, Saturday, Oct. 3 (in-person event is full, virtual event still open)
- Gulf to Gulf 80 Mile Relay, Saturday, Oct. 17 (in-person)
- Halloween Monster 5K (Naples), Saturday, Oct. 31 (virtual)
- Old Naples 10K, Saturday, Nov. 7 (in-person & virtual)
- GCR Thanksgiving 5K, Thursday, Nov. 26 (in-person & virtual)
- Naples Daily News Half Marathon, Saturday, Jan. 17 (in-person & virtual)
Elite Events (runeliteevents.com):
- Rocktoberfest 10K and 5K, Naples, Saturday, Oct. 10
- Fall Classic Half Marathon and 5K, Naples, Saturday, Nov. 21
- Thanksgiving Day 5K Run and Walk, Estero, Thursday, Nov. 26
- Naples Christmas Glow Run 5K, Saturday, Dec. 5
- Naples Distance Classic 5K, 10K and Half Marathon, Sunday, Dec. 6
- 2020 LCEC Goblin Gallop 5K, Oct. 31, Jaycee Park, Cape Coral (in-person) (active.com)
- Run for Foster Kids, Oct. 1-31 (virtual) (runsignup.com)
The Caloosa Riders are offering member rides, but some are open to non-members (and it wouldn’t hurt you to join the club); check their ride calendar (caloosariders.org) for a description of the distance and speed, and to see if the ride is open to all.
SW Florida Critical Mass is offering their usual slate of family-friendly rides, although the NE Lee ride seems to be lacking a leader and thus is not on the calendar. The options are below, and you can check out their line-up online (http://www.meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/) for details and times.
- SW Florida Critical Mass ride, first Friday of the month. A family-friendly slow night ride through Fort Myers. Front and rear bike lights required. Helmet and lights required, meet in the parking lot at 2180 West First Street, Fort Myers.
- Sanibel Critical Mass night ride, second Tuesday of the month. Gathers at Jerry’s Shopping Center, 1700 Periwinkle Way, on Sanibel. Lights required, helmets recommended.
- Cape Coral Critical Mass ride, fourth Friday of the month. Gather at the Southwest Florida Military Museum parking lot at 4820 Leonard Street for a family-friendly night ride through the Cape; helmets and lights required.
- Saturday Morning Slow Roll, fourth Saturday of the
month. Meet-up at 2160 McGregor Blvd., Fort Myers. Recommended for
inexperienced/young riders. Distance is 6 miles, includes group ride
For the latest, go to Fort Myers Track Club (ftmyerstrackclub.com), Gulf Coast Runners (gcrunner.org), Caloosa Riders (caloosariders.org), and South West Florida Critical Mass (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL).