- Sunday, May 6: Tropicool 5K. Enjoy a wonderful 5K race that showcases the beautiful streets of Olde Naples. This course is two loops starting on Broad Street. Proceeds of the Tropicool will go to the Gulf Coast Runners Youth Development Fund. 1161 Third Street South, Naples (gcrunner.org)
- Saturday, May 12: Turtle Trot 5K, This unique trail course takes runners through a shady maritime hammock ecosystem on a hard packed shell path. No part of the course requires running through beach sand. The course ends at our pavilion overlooking the beach where refreshments will be served and awards will be presented. 8 a.m., Lovers Key State Park, Fort Myers Beach (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Saturday, May 19: Cape Cops 5K, 7:30 a.m., Cape Coral Yacht Club, Cape Coral (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Monday, May 28: SNIP Collier Memorial Day 5K, 8 a.m. (gcrunner.org)
- Saturday, June 9: Sugden Stride 5K, 7 a.m., Sugden Regional Park, Naples (eliteevents.org)
- Saturday, June 16: Veterans 5K, Estero Community Park, Estero (active.com)
- Wednesday, July 4: Freedom 5K, 7 a.m., Cape Coral Bridge (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Wednesday, July 4: USA Independence Day 5K, 7 a.m., Germaine Arena, Estero (eliteevents.org).
- Wednesday, July 4: Moe’s Firecracker 5K, 7 a.m., Fleishmann Park, Naples (gcrunner.org)
- Saturday, July 28: Eagle Lakes 5K, 7 a.m., Eagle Lakes Regional Park, Naples (eliteevents.org)
- For more running events visit gcrunner.org/calendar.html; ftmyerstrackclub.com/race-calendar; and 3dracinginc.com
- Friday, May 11: NE-Lee Critical Mass ride, gathers at 7:30 p.m. at the Winn-Dixie, 14600 Palm Beach Blvd. Lights required, helmets recommended. (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
- Saturday, May 12: Sanibel Critical Mass ride, gathers at 7:30 p.m. at Jerry’s Shopping Center, 1700 Periwinkle Way, on Sanibel. Lights required, helmets recommended. (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
- Wednesday, May 16: Ride of Silence, to remember cyclists killed or injured on public roadways. Centennial Park, Fort Myers, ride starts at 7 p.m. Details at www.caloosariders.org.
- Ongoing: Join the Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club on one of their many weekly rides for members and potential members, with an array of paces and routes to choose from. Check them out online at www.caloosariders.org.
- For more Lee County cycling and tri events, visit Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club (caloosariders.org); Florida Mudcutters (mudcutters.org); and SW Florida Biking Meetup Group (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL).
- Saturday, May 12: Cape Coral Yacht Club Sprint Tri (active.com).
- Sunday, June 3: Fitness Challenge Sprint Tri, Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club, Naples (active.com)
- Saturday, July 14: Englewood YMCA Sprint Tri, Englewood. (active.com)
- Check trifind.com to find regional and state tris.