Friday, April 29, 2011
Upcoming government meetings—May 2011
In May, there are several meetings that you might be interested in attending. Note: these meetings and details are included on the BikeWalkLee Calendar on the blog.
1. Lee County Government:
• The County’s Transit Task Force holds its 5th meeting on Thursday, May 12th at the Lee County Annex Building, 1825 Hendry St., Fort Myers. Check the website for materials
• The Lee County Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee (BPAC) will hold its next monthly meeting at 3 p.m. on May 18th. Click here for the link to the BPAC website and meeting agenda.
2. On May 18th at 6 p.m., the Lee Community Sustainability Advisory Committee (CSAC) will hold its monthly meeting. Check the Sustainability website for the agenda package.
3. MPO Meetings:
• The MPO Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) will meet on Thursday, May 5th at 9:30 a.m., and Citizens Advisory Committee will meet at 3:00 p.m. at the MPO’s Victoria Ave. office. Both Committees will review and make recommendations to the Board on the Countywide Bike/Ped Master Plan.
• The MPO Board meeting is scheduled for Friday, May 20th at 9:00 a.m. in the MPO’s Victoria Ave. office. This will be an important meeting. They will vote on adoption of the countywide bicycle/pedestrian master plan, and final approval of the 2035 Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP), that they tentatively approved in December.
• Click here for a link to the MPO website where you'll find agendas and briefing packets for each meeting.