· Saturday, May 17: Cape Cops 5K,Cape Coral Yacht Club Community Park, 5819 Driftwood Parkway, Cape Coral, 7:30 a.m. $25 in advance, $35 day of. (http://www.ftmyerstrackclub.com/)
Monday, May 26: Memorial Day 5K Run on the Green, Eastwood Golf Course, Fort Myers, 7:30 a.m. $20 in advance, $30 day of.(http://www.ftmyerstrackclub.com/)
Cycling and other events:
· Wednesday, May 21: Ride of Silence, 7 p.m. Centennial Park, 2000 West First Street, Fort Myers (under the Bridge at Heitman and Bay Streets). Cyclists will ride in a silent funeral-style procession at 10-12 mph for 8 miles to honor those who have been killed or injured while cycling on public roadways. Riders are requested to wear black arm bands or red if they have been injured in a cycling versus motor vehicle accident. More details www.caloosariders.org/rosfm. Everyone welcome. Free of charge. No registration necessary.
· Sunday, July 6: Wheels and Wings V Bicycle Ride. 62/32/15 mile rides and a 10-mile gentlemen's mass start race within the 62-mile route. Speed Trap Alley -- break the speed limit and receive a written warning from Punta Gorda Police, suitable for framing. Mystery Ride for the 15 milers. Beef O'Bradys 1105 Taylor Road, Punta Gorda. $30 includes ride, SAG stops, T-shirt, 10 Wings and two drinks (http://peaceriverridersbicycleclub.com/)
· Sunday, May 18: Lake Avalon Reverse Dualathon and Triathlon. Sugden Regional Park, Naples. Run/bike/swim or run/bike. $79 in advance, $99 day of, $119 teams (http://www.eliteevents.org/lake-avalon-reverse-duathlon-and-triathlon.html)
· Sunday, June 1: 28th annual Fitness Challenge Reverse Triathlon. Run/bike/swim, sprint distance. The Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club, 851 Gulf Shore Blvd., Naples. $95 individuals, $180 teams.(http://www.thefitnesschallengetriathlon.com)
TELL US ABOUT YOUR RIDE:
Have a favorite route you like to bike, or a unique walk you’d like to share with others? Tell us about it at email@example.com, and maybe we can feature it in an upcoming column.