It's Monday morning...time to make a plan.
· Saturday, Feb. 7: Strides for Education 5K and Kids’ Dash. Florida SouthWestern State College. Registration 7 a.m., run starts at 8 a.m. https://www.classy.org/fort-myers/events/strides-for-education-lee-county/e37927
· Sunday, Feb. 8: Publix Run to the Arts 5K, at ArtFest Fort Myers. Run or walk, race or fun. Registration 7 a.m., race starts 8:15 a.m. at Edwards Drive in front of Harborside (RunToTheArts.com)
· Sunday, Feb. 15: Edison Kid’s Run, downtown Fort Myers. (www.fortmyerstrackclub.com)
· Sunday, Feb. 15: Paradise Coast Marathon, Half and 5K. Florida Sports Park, 8250 Collier Boulevard, Naples. Race at 6:45 a.m.; 5K starts five minutes later. Boston Marathon qualifier race. (www.naplesmarathon.com)
· Saturday, Feb. 21: Swamp Stomp 5K, Grandeur Oaks Town Center located on State Road 80 just north of Cowboy Way. Benefits the Caloosa Humane Society. Registration 6:30 a.m., race 7:30 a.m. (www.fortmyerstrackclub.com)
· Saturday, Feb. 21: Edison Festival of Light 5K, downtown Fort Myers. Race at 5:45 p.m. (www.fortmyerstrackclub.com)
· Sunday, March 1: Hooters Half Marathon. 7 a.m. start, course starts/ends at Hooters (Edison Mall), winds through McGregor neighborhoods to downtown then south on U.S. 41. (www.fortmyerstrackclub.com)
· Sunday, March 8: Second annual 5K Run/Walk and Health Fair, to raise funds for Golisano Children's Hospital ”Mission Nutrition” program. Race starts at 9 a.m., health fair runs 9 a.m.-1 p.m.(http://fortmyerschurch.com/5khealthfair2)
Cycling and other events:
· Wednesday, Feb. 11: “Stayin’ Alive,” a benefit for the cycling safety program of Naples Pathways Coalition. 5-7 p.m., Hamilton Harbor Beach Club, Naples. Cocktails, heavy hors d’oeuvres and raffle ticket. $100 donation per person, limited space. RSVP at www.naplespathways.org/events
· Sunday, March 22: 17th annual Royal Palm Classic. Starts/ends at Fort Myers Brewing Company, 12811 Commerce Lakes Dr, Suite 27-28, Fort Myers. Ride starts at 8 a.m., 62-, 30- and 15-mile distances. Registration opens in January. (www.royalpalmclassic.org or (www.caloosariders.org)
· Saturday, March 28: Pedal and Play, Punta Gorda. 62-, 30-, 15- and 10-mile rides, plus a City Manager’s History Tour. Includes breakfast and lunch, rest stops for the longer rides. Register and info online at www.facebook.com/PedalAndPlay or http://pedalandplayinparadise.com/.
· Sunday, April 19: Immokalee Ride for Literacy, details soon. (www.caloosariders.org)