- gcrunner.org, snipcollier.org)
- Wednesday, June 5: The Big Run national 5K, Bell Tower Shops, Fort Myers (runsignup.com)
- Saturday, June 8: Cape Coral Elks 5K. Rotary Park, Cape Coral (active.com)
- Saturday, June 22: Sugden Stride 5K, North Collier Regional Pak, Naples (eliteevents.org)
- Thursday, July 4: Freedom 5K, Cape Coral Bridge (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Thursday, July 4: Moe’s Firecracker 5K, Fleishmann Park, Naples (gcrunner.org)
- Thursday, July 4: USA Independence Day 5K, Hertz Arena, Estero (eliteevents.org)
- For more running events visit gcrunner.org/calendar.html; ftmyerstrackclub.com/race-calendar; and 3dracinginc.com
- Monday, May 20: Monday Minions Ride. This is a weekly ride that rolls in the 13-15 mph range. Total distance around 15 miles. After the ride most go over to Square 1 restaurant for the $5 burger and fries deal. If you are looking to get into cycling beyond the casual roll, this is an ideal ride for you. 6 p.m., Fort Myers Cyclery, 3630 Cleveland Avenue, Fort Myers (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL)
- Tuesday, May 21: Taco Tuesday Ride. Every Tuesday night, We Ride For Tacos! After a 21 mile ride on Treeline/Old Airport/Daniels/6 Mile Cypress roads and paths, we'll finish at Tijuana Flats for Taco Tuesday. B RIDERS: 16 to 18 mph for the basic group. A RIDERS: The faster group rides at 20mph plus. We finish well after dark, so Front And Rear Lights are Required. 6:30 p.m., Trek Bicycle Store of Fort Myers, 8291 Dani Drive, Fort Myers (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL)
- Sunday, May 26: Wakey, Wakey! Weekly Sunday Morning Ride. This is a weekly ride for riders of most skill levels and most types of bicycles (hybrids, fitness, and road). The ride is sanctioned by the Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club, thus helmets are required, no ear buds, and no aero bar use while in the group. 7.30 a.m., location varies, visit (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL) for details.
- Friday, May 31: Cape Coral Critical Mass ride. Gather at 7:30 p.m., start at 8 p.m. at the Southwest Florida Military Museum parking lot at 4820 Leonard Street for a family-friendly ride through the Cape. Lights required, helmets recommended.(meetup.com/Biking-SWFL)
- Saturday-Sunday, July 13-14: Wheels & Wings, 15/32/50/62 mile rides from Beef O’Bradys, Punta Gorda (peaceriverridersbicycleclub.com)
- Ongoing: Join the Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club on one of their many weekly rides for members and potential members, with an array of paces and routes to choose from. Check them out online at www.caloosariders.org.
- For more Lee County cycling and tri events, visit Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club (caloosariders.org); Florida Mudcutters (mudcutters.org); and SW Florida Biking Meetup Group (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL).
- Sunday, June 2: Madeira Beach 3.5 Aquathon (swim/run/swim) (thunderboltmultisport.com)
- Sunday, June 9: Heartland Sprint and Olympic Tri, Sebring (trifind.com)
- Sunday, June 9: Heartland Olympic/Sprint Triathlon/Duathlon, Sebring (trisignup.com/Race/FL/Sebring/TheHeartlandTriathlon)
- Saturday, June 22: Englewood YMCA Sprint Triathlon (trifind.com)
- Sunday, June 23: Sirens Sprint Tri, Sarasota (trifind.com)
- Sunday, Aug. 4: Siesta Sprint Triathlon/Duathlon (trifind.com)
- Check trifind.com to find regional and state tris.