- Saturday, May 18: Cape Cops 5K Run/Walk, Cape Coral (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Monday, May 27: SNIP Collier 5K, to support spay & neuter services in collier County (gcrunner.org)
- Wednesday, June 5: The Big Run national 5K, Bell Tower Shops, Fort Myers (runsignup.com)
- Saturday, June 8: Cape Coral Elks 5K. Rotary Park, Cape Coral (active.com)
- Saturday, June 22: Sugden Stride 5K, North Collier Regional Pak, Naples (eliteevents.org)
- Thursday, July 4: Freedom 5K, Cape Coral Bridge (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Thursday, July 4: Moe’s Firecracker 5K, Fleishmann Park, Naples (gcrunner.org)
- Thursday, July 4: USA Independence Day 5K, Hertz Arena, Estero (eliteevents.org)
- For more running events visit gcrunner.org/calendar.html; ftmyerstrackclub.com/race-calendar; and 3dracinginc.com
- bikewalklee.blogspot.com/2019/05/bikewalklee-silence-speaks-loudly-about.html for details.
- Friday, May 17: NE-Lee Critical Mass ride, gathers at 7 p.m. at the Winn-Dixie, 14600 Palm Beach Blvd. Lights required, helmets recommended.(meetup.com/Biking-SWFL)
- Sunday, May 19: Wakey, Wakey! Weekly Sunday Morning Ride. All levels, all bikes, leaves from Fort Myers Trek store at 7:30 a.m. on a different route each week (mostly on bike paths). The ride is sanctioned by the Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club, so helmets are required, no ear buds, and no aero bar use while in the group.(meetup.com/Biking-SWFL)
- Saturday, May 25: Saturday Slow Roll 8 a.m. meet-up at 2160 McGregor Blvd. Recommended for inexperienced/young riders. Distance is 6 miles, includes group ride instruction. (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL)
- Friday, May 31: Cape Coral Critical Mass ride. Gather at 7:30 p.m., start at 8 p.m. at the Southwest Florida Military Museum parking lot at 4820 Leonard Street for a family-friendly ride through the Cape. Lights required, helmets recommended.(meetup.com/Biking-SWFL)
- Saturday-Sunday, July 13-14: Wheels & Wings, 15/32/50/62 mile rides from Beef O’Bradys, Punta Gorda (peaceriverridersbicycleclub.com)
- Ongoing: Join the Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club on one of their many weekly rides for members and potential members, with an array of paces and routes to choose from. Check them out online at www.caloosariders.org.
- For more Lee County cycling and tri events, visit Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club (caloosariders.org); Florida Mudcutters (mudcutters.org); and SW Florida Biking Meetup Group (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL).
- Sunday, June 2: 33rd Annual Fitness Challenge Triathlon, Naples (trifind.com)
- Sunday, June 2: Madeira Beach 3.5 Aquathon (swim/run/swim) (thunderboltmultisport.com)
- Sunday, June 9: Heartland Sprint and Olympic Tri, Sebring (trifind.com)
- Sunday, June 9: Heartland Olympic/Sprint Triathlon/Duathlon, Sebring (trisignup.com/Race/FL/Sebring/TheHeartlandTriathlon)
- Saturday, June 22: Englewood YMCA Sprint Triathlon (trifind.com)
- Sunday, June 23: Sirens Sprint Tri, Sarasota (trifind.com)
- Sunday, Aug. 4: Siesta Sprint Triathlon/Duathlon (trifind.com)
- Check trifind.com to find regional and state tris.