It's time to think about your upcoming New Year's Resolution to get into an exercise routine. What better way to get motivated than to do a run, walk, or ride with a crowd?
Saturday, Jan. 10: Seahawk Sprint for Music 5K (3dracinginc.com), Jim Jeffers Park in Cape Coral. Registration 7 a.m., race 8 a.m.
|Last Year's Tour de Cape|
· Sunday, Jan. 11: 12th annual River, Roots & Ruts Trail Run, Caloosahatchee Regional Park, Alva. Half marathon and relay 8 a.m., 5K fun run 8:15 a.m. (www.rrrtrail.com)
· Saturday, Jan. 17: Tour De Cape 5K Run/walk, is designed for advanced and novice runners. Check in begins at 6:30 a.m. Race time is 8 a.m. Starts at Cape Harbour in Cape Coral. (tourdecape.net)
· Saturday, Jan. 24: Cypress Sprint for Music 5K, Lakes Regional Park in Fort Myers. Registration 7:30 a.m., race 8:30 a.m. (3dracinginc.com).
· Saturday, Jan. 31: Calusa BUG Chase, to help Lee County students Bring Up Grades. 5K run through the grounds of the Calusa Nature Center, 3450 Ortiz Ave. Fort Myers. Registration 6:30 a.m., race 7:30 a.m. (www.fortmyerstrackclub.com)
· Saturday, Feb. 21: Swamp Stomp 5K, Grandeur Oaks Town Center located on State Road 80 just north of Cowboy Way. Benefits the Caloosa Humane Society. Registration 6:30 a.m., race 7:30 a.m. (www.fortmyerstrackclub.com)
· Saturday, Feb. 21: Edison Festival of Light 5K, downtown Fort Myers. Race at 5:45 p.m. (www.fortmyerstrackclub.com)
· Sunday, March 1: Hooters Half Marathon. 7 a.m. start, course starts/ends at Hooters (Edison Mall), winds through McGregor neighborhoods to downtown then south on U.S. 41. (www.fortmyerstrackclub.com)
|Team "Caloosa Riders"|
Cycling & other events:
· Sunday, Jan. 18: Tour De Cape. Routes from 15, 30, 60, and 100 mile courses in the west and north sections of Cape Coral. The event provides a continental breakfast, lunch, on route rest stations with snacks and beverages, SAG vehicles, Police support, and route maps. All rides start from Cape Harbour in Cape Coral. (http://tourdecape.net)
· Sunday, March 22: 17th annual Royal Palm Classic. Starts/ends at Fort Myers Brewing Company, 12811 Commerce Lakes Dr, Suite 27-28, Fort Myers. Race starts at 8 a.m., 62-, 30- and 15-mile distances. Registration opens in January. (www.royalpalmclassic.org or www.caloosariders.org)
· Saturday-Sunday, Jan. 10-11: HITS Triathlon Series, Vanderbilt Beach Road, Naples. Open, sprint Olympic half and full. (www.HitsTriathlonSeries.com)