In the remainder of June, there are several meetings that you might be interested in attending. Note: these meetings and details are included on the BikeWalkLee Calendar on the blog.
1. Lee County Government:
• The County’s Transit Task Force holds its 6th meeting on Thursday, June 9th at 1 p.m. at the Lee County Annex Building, 1825 Hendry St., Fort Myers. Check the website for materials:
* The Board of County Commissioners will hold a public hearing on Tuesday, June 14th at 5:00 p.m. to consider reducing or eliminating impact fees. Such a move would reduce funds available for bike/ped and other road improvement projects. See the County website for information.
• The Lee County Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee (BPAC) will hold its next monthly meeting at 3 p.m. on June 15th. Click here for the link to the BPAC website and meeting agenda.
• On June 15th at 6 p.m., the Lee Community Sustainability Advisory Committee (CSAC) will hold its monthly meeting. Check the Sustainability website for the agenda package:
2. MPO Meetings:
• The MPO Board meeting is scheduled for Friday, June 17th at 9:00 a.m.
NOTE: with the exception of the BPCC (which will meet on July 19th), all the other MPO committees and board meetings in July are cancelled.
• All MPO meetings are held at the MPO’s office on 1926 Victoria Avenue, Fort Myers. Click here for a link to the MPO website where you'll find agendas and briefing packets for each meeting.
3. Local Jurisdiction Meetings:
• • City of Cape Coral: On June 15th, the Council’s Transportation Advisory Committee meets at 9 a.m. to follow-up on the bike lanes discussion at their May 18th meeting.