· Saturday, May 9: 10th annual Turtle Trot 5K at Lovers Key, to support The Friends of Lovers Key, Inc. Trail course on shell paths (no sand). Registration 7 a.m. (www.fortmyerstrackclub.com)
· Saturday, May 16: Cape Cops 5K, Cape Coral Yacht Club. Run, walk and kids’ fun run, starts at 7:30 a.m. (www.fortmyerstrackclub.com)
Cycling and other events:
· Sunday, April 26: Fit and Fuel 50/20. Three rides are offered: a 50-mile ride, a 20-mile ride, and a short family-oriented ride. Have fun and raise money Youth Haven serving at-risk Southwest Florida children. Entry fee includes swag bag and post-ride meal. Starts 7 a.m. from 819 Vanderbilt Beach Road, Naples. (www.caloosariders.org)
· Friday, May 1: SWFL Critical Mass ride. Join our May Day family fun slow ride through Fort Myers, starting at 7:30 p.m. Front and rear bike lights required. Grab your helmet, bring all your friends and meet in open field next to Publix at First Street Village, 2160 McGregor Blvd. Fort Myers. (www.SWFLCM.com)
· Wednesday, May 20: Ride of Silence, to honor cyclists killed or injured while cycling on public roadways. Leaves at 7 p.m. from Centennial Park, 2000 West First Street, Fort Myers. Riders are requested to wear black armbands, or red if they have personally been injured in a cycling vs. motor vehicle accident. Also Sanibel Bicycle Club has organized a ride from Sanibel, leaving from the Sanibel Community Association on Periwinkle over the Causeway bridges and back. Arrive at 6:45 p.m. Both are free, no registration necessary.
· Sunday, May 3: Lake Avalon reverse triathlon & duathlon, Sugden Regional Park, Naples. Details at www.trifind.com.
· Saturday, May 9: Cape Coral sprint triathlon, Cape Coral Yacht Club. Details at trifind.com.
· Sunday, June 7: Naples Fitness Challenge Triathlon, Naples Beach Hotel and Golf Club. (www.thefitnesschallengetriathlon.com)