Over the past six weeks there have been multiple BoCC and committee meetings discussing this proposal. Below are links to some of the documents and news reports.
3/5: blue sheet package for the March 12th public hearing on the ordinance to reduce impact fees (includes draft ordinance)
3/5 NP editorial: Don't stop Lee County impact fees, lower them
3/5 NDN article: Lee commissioners toy with impact fee cut, seem to nix all-out moratorium
3/1 NP Guest opinion:Lee County's League of Women Voters want some answers on impact fees
- BikeWalkLee's ACTION ALERT: Jan. 22nd BoCC public hearing on pr...
- BWL's 1/15 background paper: Why suspending impact fees is a bad idea
- 2/10 NP story: Delay to Lee County impact fee vote sought
- LPA member Brodkin's 2/10 commentary in NP: "Maintain impact fees for Lee County's quality of life"
- 2/11 NDN: editorial on impact fees
- 2/11 NDN: Commissioners flooded with emails opposed to suspension of impact fees
- 2/7 NDN: Bonita Mayor Nelson & ECCL President, Nick Batos, write open letter to BoCC against impact fee moratorium--Guest column: Say no to impact fee moratorium in Lee
- 1/30: Mayors meet with Commissioner Kiker to discuss impact fees.
- Southwest Florida mayors, officials meet for summit with county commissioner
- The mayors and city managers of Bonita Springs, Cape Coral, Fort Myers, Fort
- 1/29: updated article about LPA vote on impact fees...includes interviews with BoCC members about their action.
- 1/27: NP interviews LPA members in advance of today's meeting on impact fees and they're raising concerns about proposed suspension and direction of Horizon 2035 Plan and need for transition to mobility fees.
1/22: NBC-2 News report about potential impact on Lehigh Acres complete streets projects if impact fees suspended:
1/17: Bonita Springs City Council action opposing suspension of impact fees.