- Saturday, March 14: The Shrimp Run 5K. The Shrimp Run has historically been one of the most popular races in Southwest Florida. The festive 5k course takes you over the Matanzas Bridge twice while thousands of onlookers cheer runners on. Fort Myers Beach (3dracinginc.com)
- Saturday, March 21: Cape Coral Animal Shelter Rescue Run 5K, 325 SW 2nd Avenue, Cape Coral (3dracinginc.com)
- Saturday, March 21: Homeless Hustle 5K run/walk, Lakes Park, Fort Myers (runsignup.com)
- Saturday, March 28: Lee Count Medical Society Foundation Wellness 5K, Jaycee Park, Cape Coral (3dracinginc.com)
- Saturday, April 4: The Fast and the Furriest 5K run/1 mile walk, JetBlue Park, Fort Myers ((3dracinginc.com)
- Saturday, April 4: Run for Music 10K or 1-Mile Walk, Artis-Naples (gcrunner.org)
- Saturday, April 11: Wellfit Girls Hop to the Top, 5K run and 1-mile run/walk, North Collier Regional Park (gcrunner.org)
- Saturday, May 9: Tropicool 5K, Olde Naples (gcrunner.org)
- Monday, May 27: Snip Collier 5K, Cambier Park, Naples (gcrunner.org)
- Saturday, June 13: Sugden Stride 5K, Sugden Regional Park, Naples (runeliteevents.com)
- For more running events visit gcrunner.org/calendar.html; ftmyerstrackclub.com/race-calendar; runeliteevents.com and 3dracinginc.com
- Monday, March 9: Monday Minions Ride. This is a weekly ride that rolls in the 13-15 mph range. Total distance around 15 miles. After the ride most go over to Square 1 restaurant for the $5 burger and fries deal. If you are looking to get into cycling beyond the casual roll, this is an ideal ride for you. 6 p.m., Fort Myers Cyclery, 3630 Cleveland Avenue, Fort Myers (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL)
- Tuesday, March 10: Taco Tuesday Ride. Every Tuesday night, We Ride For Tacos! After a 21 mile ride on Treeline/Old Airport/Daniels/6 Mile Cypress roads and paths, we'll finish at Tijuana Flats for Taco Tuesday. B RIDERS: 16 to 18 mph for the basic group. A RIDERS: The faster group rides at 20mph plus. We finish well after dark, so Front And Rear Lights are Required. 6:30 p.m., Trek Bicycle Store of Fort Myers, 8291 Dani Drive, Fort Myers (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL)
- Sunday, March 15: Wakey, Wakey! Weekly Sunday Morning Ride. This is a weekly ride for riders of most skill levels and most types of bicycles (hybrids, fitness, and road). The ride is sanctioned by the Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club, thus helmets are required, no ear buds, and no aero bar use while in the group. 7.30 a.m., location varies, visit meetup.com/Biking-SWFL for details.
- Friday, March 20: NE-Lee Critical Mass night ride, gathers at the Winn-Dixie, 14600 Palm Beach Blvd. Lights required, helmets recommended. Details and start times at meetup.com/Biking-SWFL.
- Saturday, March 28: Pan Florida Challenge, distances of 10, 30, 62, 100 and 200 miles (this one is a two-day ride). All start and end at Florida Gulf Coast University. (panfloridachallenge.org)
- Ongoing: Join the Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club on one of their many weekly rides for members and potential members, with an array of paces and routes to choose from. Check them out online at www.caloosariders.org.
- For more Lee County cycling and tri events, visit Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club (caloosariders.org); Florida Mudcutters (mudcutters.org); and SW Florida Biking Meetup Group (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL). On Sanibel, you’ll find the Sanibel Bicycle club at http://sbcsite.altervista.org. For Collier cycling, visit naplesvelo.com; for Charlotte biking, see peacerivrridersbicycleclub.com.
- Sunday, April 26: St. Anthony’s Triathlon, sprint and Olympic distances, St. Petersburg (satriathlon.com)
- Saturday, May 30: Sarasota Sprint Triathlon and Duathlon, Siesta Key (trisarasota.com).
- Sunday, June 7: Naples Fitness Challenge reverse triathlon, Naples (thefitnesschallengetriathlon.com)
- Saturday, June 13: Heartland Triathlon, sprint and Olympic triathlon, duathlon and Aqua Bike, Sebring (runsignup.com)
- Check trifind.com and active.com to find more regional and state tris.