Due to the Coronavirus outbreak, all of the listed events are postponed or cancelled. This is the case for all races and rides of Fort Myers Track Club (ftmyerstrackclub.com), Gulf Coast Runners (gcrunner.org), Caloosa Riders (caloosariders.org), and South West Florida Critical Mass (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL).
In accordance with the guidelines of Florida Department of Health, avoid large gatherings and close proximity to other people to help prevent spread of the virus. You may still enjoy the outdoors to exercise alone or with a partner. Just remember to practice social distancing to keep yourself and others safe. Check the relevant websites before going to any event. Visit floridahealthcovid19.gov for more information.
- Friday, March 27: Run 4 the Cause (Virtual) 5K, Living Waters Church, Estero (active.com or christyscause.org)
- Saturday, March 28: Lee County Medical Society Foundation Wellness 5K, Jaycee Park, Cape Coral (3dracinginc.com)
- Saturday, April 4: The Fast and the Furriest 5K run/1 mile walk, JetBlue Park, Fort Myers ((3dracinginc.com)
- Saturday, April 4: Run for Music 10K or 1-Mile Walk, Artis-Naples (gcrunner.org)
- Saturday, April 11: Wellfit Girls Hop to the Top, 5K run and 1-mile run/walk, North Collier Regional Park (gcrunner.org)
- Saturday, April 25: Runway 5K, Naples Airport (gcrunner.org)
- Saturday, May 2: HELLP 3K fun run/walk, Baker Park, Naples (gcrunner.org)
- Saturday, May 9: Tropicool 5K, Olde Naples (gcrunner.org)
- Saturday, May 9: Turtle Trot 5K, Lovers Key, supports Friends of Lovers Key Inc. (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Monday, May 27: Snip Collier 5K, Cambier Park, Naples (gcrunner.org)
- Wednesday, June 3: The Big Run 5K on Global Running Day, Lakes Park, Fort Myers (runsignup.com)
- Saturday, June 13: Sugden Stride 5K, Sugden Regional Park, Naples (runeliteevents.com)
- Saturday, July 4: USA Independence Day 5K, Hertz Arena, Estero (runeliteevents.com)
- Saturday, July 4: GCR Firecracker 5K Presented by Moe’s, Fleishmann Park, Naples (gcrunner.org)
- For more running events visit gcrunner.org/calendar.html; ftmyerstrackclub.com/race-calendar; runeliteevents.com and 3dracinginc.com
- Monday, March 23: Monday Minions Ride. This is a weekly ride that rolls in the 13-15 mph range. Total distance around 15 miles. After the ride most go over to Square 1 restaurant for the $5 burger and fries deal. If you are looking to get into cycling beyond the casual roll, this is an ideal ride for you. 6 p.m., Fort Myers Cyclery, 3630 Cleveland Avenue, Fort Myers (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL)
- Tuesday, March 24: Taco Tuesday Ride. Every Tuesday night, We Ride For Tacos! After a 21 mile ride on Treeline/Old Airport/Daniels/6 Mile Cypress roads and paths, we'll finish at Tijuana Flats for Taco Tuesday. B RIDERS: 16 to 18 mph for the basic group. A RIDERS: The faster group rides at 20mph plus. We finish well after dark, so Front And Rear Lights are Required. 6:30 p.m., Trek Bicycle Store of Fort Myers, 8291 Dani Drive, Fort Myers (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL)
- Friday, March 27: Cape Coral Critical Mass ride. Gather at the Southwest Florida Military Museum parking lot at 4820 Leonard Street for a family-friendly night ride through the Cape. Lights required, helmets recommended. Details and start times at meetup.com/Biking-SWFL.
- Saturday, March 28: Pan Florida Challenge, distances of 10, 30, 62, 100 and 200 miles (this one is a two-day ride). All start and end at Florida Gulf Coast University. (panfloridachallenge.org)
- Saturday, March 28: Saturday Morning Slow Roll, meet-up at 2160 McGregor Blvd. Recommended for inexperienced/young riders. Distance is 6 miles, includes group ride instruction. Details and start times at meetup.com/Biking-SWFL.
- Sunday, March 29: Wakey, Wakey! Weekly Sunday Morning Ride. This is a weekly ride for riders of most skill levels and most types of bicycles (hybrids, fitness, and road). The ride is sanctioned by the Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club, thus helmets are required, no ear buds, and no aero bar use while in the group. 7.30 a.m., location varies, visit meetup.com/Biking-SWFL for details.
- Friday, April 3: SW Florida Critical Mass ride. A family-friendly slow night ride through Fort Myers. Front and rear bike lights required. Grab your helmet, bring all your friends and meet in the parking lot at 2180 West First Street. Details and start times at meetup.com/Biking-SWFL.
- Sunday, April 5: Tour de Femme Florida, rides of 14, 35 and 63 miles, starting from the Venice train station in Venice (caloosariders.org)
- Wednesday, May 20: Ride of Silence, to honor those injured or killed while cycling. Leaves at 7 p.m. from Southwest Florida Military Museum, Cape Coral.
- Ongoing: Join the Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club on one of their many weekly rides for members and potential members, with an array of paces and routes to choose from. Check them out online at www.caloosariders.org.
- For more Lee County cycling and tri events, visit Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club (caloosariders.org); Florida Mudcutters (mudcutters.org); and SW Florida Biking Meetup Group (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL). On Sanibel, you’ll find the Sanibel Bicycle club at http://sbcsite.altervista.org. For Collier cycling, visit naplesvelo.com; for Charlotte biking, see peacerivrridersbicycleclub.com.
- Sunday, April 26: St. Anthony’s Triathlon, sprint and Olympic distances, St. Petersburg (satriathlon.com)
- Saturday, May 30: Sarasota Sprint Triathlon and Duathlon, Siesta Key (trisarasota.com).
- Sunday, June 7: Naples Fitness Challenge reverse triathlon, Naples (thefitnesschallengetriathlon.com)
- Saturday, June 13: Heartland Triathlon, sprint and Olympic triathlon, duathlon and Aqua Bike, Sebring (runsignup.com)
- Check trifind.com and active.com to find more regional and state tris.