- Sunday, Feb. 16: Paradise Coast Half Marathon/5K, North Collier Regional Park (runeliteevents.com)
- Saturday, Feb. 22: Run the Lakes for Cypress Lake Middle 5K, Lakes Park, Fort Myers (runsignup.com).
- Saturday, Feb. 29: City of Palms Half Marathon/5K, Florida Gulf Coast University (runeliteevents.com)
- Saturday, Feb. 29: Naples Golden Eagle 5K, downtown Naples (gcrunner.org).
- Sunday, March 1: Lazy Flamingo Half-Marathon & Two-Person Relay, Fort Myers (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Saturday, March 7: Scope for Hope 5K run, 2-mile walk and fun run. Century Link Sports Complex, Fort Myers (21stcenturycare.org)
- Saturday, March 7: Baker Park 5K, Naples (gcrunner.org).
- For more running events visit gcrunner.org/calendar.html; ftmyerstrackclub.com/race-calendar; eliteevents.org and 3dracinginc.com
- Monday, Feb. 10: Monday Minions Ride. This is a weekly ride that rolls in the 13-15 mph range. Total distance around 15 miles. After the ride most go over to Square 1 restaurant for the $5 burger and fries deal. If you are looking to get into cycling beyond the casual roll, this is an ideal ride for you. 6 p.m., Fort Myers Cyclery, 3630 Cleveland Avenue, Fort Myers (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL)
- Tuesday, Feb. 11: Taco Tuesday Ride. Every Tuesday night, We Ride For Tacos! After a 21 mile ride on Treeline/Old Airport/Daniels/6 Mile Cypress roads and paths, we'll finish at Tijuana Flats for Taco Tuesday. B RIDERS: 16 to 18 mph for the basic group. A RIDERS: The faster group rides at 20mph plus. We finish well after dark, so Front And Rear Lights are Required. 6:30 p.m., Trek Bicycle Store of Fort Myers, 8291 Dani Drive, Fort Myers (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL)
- Saturday, Feb. 15: 2020 Edison Festival of Light Parade Ride. This is the most viewed cyclist awareness ride in Southwest Florida and WE NEED YOU to be a part of the fun! Come and enjoy the energy, lights and smiles. You can light up your bike simply, or go all out; either way you will be sure to enjoy a positively memorable time. Gathers after 4 p.m. at the Edison restaurant to ride over to the Fort Myers high for the parade. Details at meetup.com/Biking-SWFL.
- Sunday, Feb. 16: Wakey, Wakey! Weekly Sunday Morning Ride. This is a weekly ride for riders of most skill levels and most types of bicycles (hybrids, fitness, and road). The ride is sanctioned by the Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club, thus helmets are required, no ear buds, and no aero bar use while in the group. 7.30 a.m., location varies, visit meetup.com/Biking-SWFL for details.
- Friday, Feb. 21: NE-Lee Critical Mass night ride, gathers at the Winn-Dixie, 14600 Palm Beach Blvd. Lights required, helmets recommended. Details and start times at meetup.com/Biking-SWFL.
- Sunday, Feb 23: 10th annual Tour de Marco, 15- and 30-mile rides, to benefit Marco YMCA (www.marcoymca.org).
- Friday, Feb. 28: Cape Coral Critical Mass ride. Gather at the Southwest Florida Military Museum parking lot at 4820 Leonard Street for a family-friendly night ride through the Cape. Lights required, helmets recommended. Details and start times at meetup.com/Biking-SWFL.
- Saturday, Feb. 29: Saturday Morning Slow Roll, meet-up at 2160 McGregor Blvd. Recommended for inexperienced/young riders. Distance is 6 miles, includes group ride instruction. Details and start times at meetup.com/Biking-SWFL.
- Sunday, March 8: 22nd annual Royal Palm Challenge. The Caloosa Riders offer a fun-filled day – and rides for everyone, at 15, 40 and 62 miles. Starts and ends downtown at the Southwest Florida Community Foundation Collaboratory, so make a day of it! Online at www.caloosariders.org.
- Ongoing: Join the Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club on one of their many weekly rides for members and potential members, with an array of paces and routes to choose from. Check them out online at www.caloosariders.org.
- For more Lee County cycling and tri events, visit Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club (caloosariders.org); Florida Mudcutters (mudcutters.org); and SW Florida Biking Meetup Group (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL).
- Sunday, April 26: St. Anthony’s Triathlon, sprint and Olympic distances, St. Petersburg (satriathlon.com)
- Saturday, May 30: Sarasota Sprint Triathlon and Duathlon, Siesta Key (trisarasota.com).
- Sunday, June 7: Naples Fitness Challenge reverse triathlon, Naples (thefitnesschallengetriathlon.com)
- Saturday, June 13: Heartland Triathlon, sprint and Olympic triathlon, duathlon and Aqua Bike, Sebring (runsignup.com)
- Check trifind.com and active.com to find more regional and state tris.