- Saturday, Sept. 14: Tunnel to Towers 5K Run/Walk, Lakes Park, Fort Myers (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Saturday, Sept. 14: Average Joe Run 5K. Welcome to "The World's Easiest 5k" where the person who finishes in the middle is the winner. The First 3 Finishers are also awarded. Our goal is to remake the 5k experience by making average special and breaking the traditional idea of what it means to be physically fit. North Collier Regional Park, Naples (active.com)
- Saturday, Sept. 14: Venice Half Marathon & 5K, Venice (venicehalf.com)
- Friday, Sept. 20: Downtown Dash 1-mile run/walk, 6 p.m., Lee county regional Library, downtown Fort Myers (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Wednesday, Oct. 3: GCR Corporate Run, non-timed 5K, Gordon River Greenway, Naples (gcrunner.org)
- Saturday, Oct. 5: Busey Bank Run for Prevention 5K, Centennial Park, Fort Myers (3dracinginc.com)
- Sunday, Oct. 6: Rocktoberfest 5K/10K, North Collier Regional Park, Naples (eliteevents.com)
- Saturday, Oct. 12: Fort Myers Cops and Joggers 5K, downtown Fort Myers (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Saturday, Oct. 19: Gulf to Gulf 80 Mile Relay, downtown Naples to the Sanibel Causeway and back for 6-person relay teams (gcrunner.org)
- Saturday, Oct. 26: FISH 10K, Sanibel (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Saturday, Oct. 26: Eighth annual LCEC Goblin Gallop 5K, Jaycee Park, Cape Coral (3dracinginc.com)
- Saturday, Oct. 26: Halloween Monster 5K, Fleischmann Park, Naples (gcrunner.org)
- Saturday, Nov. 9: Olde Naples 10K, 7:30 a.m. (gcrunner.org)
- Monday, Nov. 11: Midpoint Madness 5K run/walk, Midpoint Bridge, Fort Myers, 7 p.m. (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- For more running events visit gcrunner.org/calendar.html; ftmyerstrackclub.com/race-calendar; eliteevents.org and 3dracinginc.com
- Monday, Sep. 9: Monday Minions Ride. This is a weekly ride that rolls in the 13-15 mph range. Total distance around 15 miles. After the ride most go over to Square 1 restaurant for the $5 burger and fries deal. If you are looking to get into cycling beyond the casual roll, this is an ideal ride for you. 6 p.m., Fort Myers Cyclery, 3630 Cleveland Avenue, Fort Myers (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL)
- Tuesday, Sep. 10: Taco Tuesday Ride. Every Tuesday night, We Ride For Tacos! After a 21 mile ride on Treeline/Old Airport/Daniels/6 Mile Cypress roads and paths, we'll finish at Tijuana Flats for Taco Tuesday. B RIDERS: 16 to 18 mph for the basic group. A RIDERS: The faster group rides at 20mph plus. We finish well after dark, so Front And Rear Lights are Required. 6:30 p.m., Trek Bicycle Store of Fort Myers, 8291 Dani Drive, Fort Myers (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL)
- Saturday, Sept. 14: Critical Mass 6th annual Anniversary Beach Party: Food, fun, costume and bike contest… oh, and a ride as well. Pre-ride fun starts at 4 p.m. to 8 p.m., Millennial Brewing Company, 1811 Royal Palm Ave, Fort Myers (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL)
- Saturday, Sept. 14: Sanibel Critical Mass ride, gathers at 7:30 p.m. at Jerry’s Shopping Center, 1700 Periwinkle Way, on Sanibel. Lights required, helmets recommended. (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL)
- Sunday, Sep. 15: Wakey, Wakey! Weekly Sunday Morning Ride. This is a weekly ride for riders of most skill levels and most types of bicycles (hybrids, fitness, and road). The ride is sanctioned by the Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club, thus helmets are required, no ear buds, and no aero bar use while in the group. 7.30 a.m., location varies, visit (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL) for details.
- Friday, Sept. 20: NE-Lee Critical Mass ride, gathers at 7 p.m. at the Winn-Dixie, 14600 Palm Beach Blvd. Lights required, helmets recommended. (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL)
- Sunday, Oct. 20: 10th annual Tour de Northport, distances of 15, 35 and 65 miles (caloosariders.org)
- Ongoing: Join the Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club on one of their many weekly rides for members and potential members, with an array of paces and routes to choose from. Check them out online at www.caloosariders.org.
- For more Lee County cycling and tri events, visit Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club (caloosariders.org); Florida Mudcutters (mudcutters.org); and SW Florida Biking Meetup Group (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL).
- Sunday, Nov. 17: Longboat Key Sprint/Olympic Triathlon and Duathlon and 5K (imathlete.com)
- Check trifind.com to find regional and state tris.