- Saturday, Oct. 5: Busey Bank Run for Prevention 5K, Centennial Park, Fort Myers (3dracinginc.com)
- Sunday, Oct. 6: Rocktoberfest 5K/10K, North Collier Regional Park, Naples (eliteevents.com)
- Saturday, Oct. 12: Fort Myers Cops and Joggers 5K, downtown Fort Myers (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Saturday, Oct. 19: Gulf to Gulf 80 Mile Relay, downtown Naples to the Sanibel Causeway and back for 6-person relay teams (gcrunner.org)
- Saturday, Oct. 26: FISH 10K, Sanibel (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Saturday, Oct. 26: Eighth annual LCEC Goblin Gallop 5K, Jaycee Park, Cape Coral (3dracinginc.com)
- Saturday, Oct. 26: Halloween Monster 5K, Fleischmann Park, Naples (gcrunner.org)
- Saturday, Nov. 2: St. Andrew Catholic School Run for the Stars 5K, Cape Coral (3dracinginc.com)
- Saturday, Nov. 9: Olde Naples 10K, 7:30 a.m. (gcrunner.org)
- Saturday, Nov. 9: Run 4 Your Lungs 5K Run/Walk, Lakes Regional Park, Fort Myers (runsignup.com)
- Monday, Nov. 11: Midpoint Madness 5K run/walk, Midpoint Bridge, Fort Myers, 7 p.m. (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Saturday, Nov. 16: CCPS 5K, competitive run, fun run and walk, Barron Collier High School, Naples (gcrunner.org)
- Saturday, Nov. 16: Sprint for Students 5K run/walk, FGCU campus (runsignup.com)
- Sunday, Nov. 26: Fall Classic Half Marathon, Naples (runeliteevents.com)
- For more running events visit gcrunner.org/calendar.html; ftmyerstrackclub.com/race-calendar; eliteevents.org and 3dracinginc.com
- Monday, Sep. 23: Monday Minions Ride. This is a weekly ride that rolls in the 13-15 mph range. Total distance around 15 miles. After the ride most go over to Square 1 restaurant for the $5 burger and fries deal. If you are looking to get into cycling beyond the casual roll, this is an ideal ride for you. 6 p.m., Fort Myers Cyclery, 3630 Cleveland Avenue, Fort Myers (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL)
- Tuesday, Sep. 24: Taco Tuesday Ride. Every Tuesday night, We Ride For Tacos! After a 21 mile ride on Treeline/Old Airport/Daniels/6 Mile Cypress roads and paths, we'll finish at Tijuana Flats for Taco Tuesday. B RIDERS: 16 to 18 mph for the basic group. A RIDERS: The faster group rides at 20mph plus. We finish well after dark, so Front And Rear Lights are Required. 6:30 p.m., Trek Bicycle Store of Fort Myers, 8291 Dani Drive, Fort Myers (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL)
- Saturday, Sept. 28: Saturday Slow Roll. 8 a.m. meet-up at 2160 McGregor Blvd. Recommended for inexperienced/young riders. Distance is 6 miles, includes group ride instruction. (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL)
- Sunday, Sep. 22: Wakey, Wakey! Weekly Sunday Morning Ride. This is a weekly ride for riders of most skill levels and most types of bicycles (hybrids, fitness, and road). The ride is sanctioned by the Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club, thus helmets are required, no ear buds, and no aero bar use while in the group. 7.30 a.m., location varies, visit (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL) for details.
- Friday, Oct. 4: SW Florida Critical Mass ride. A family-friendly slow ride through Fort Myers gathering at 7:15 p.m. and starting at 8 p.m. Front and rear bike lights required. Grab your helmet, bring all your friends and meet in the open field next to Publix at First Street Village, 2160 McGregor Blvd. Fort Myers. (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL)
- Sunday, Oct. 20: 10th annual Tour de Northport, distances of 15, 35 and 65 miles (caloosariders.org)
- Ongoing: Join the Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club on one of their many weekly rides for members and potential members, with an array of paces and routes to choose from. Check them out online at www.caloosariders.org.
- For more Lee County cycling and tri events, visit Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club (caloosariders.org); Florida Mudcutters (mudcutters.org); and SW Florida Biking Meetup Group (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL).
- Check trifind.com to find regional and state tris.