The City of Sanibel’s Shared Use Master Plan was adopted in 2009 and has guided the implementation of updates to our shared use path system over the past decade. The City of Sanibel, in collaboration with the Lee County Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO), is currently updating the Sanibel Shared Use Master Plan. The Master Plan Update is being conducted to recognize the improvements completed over the past decade and will guide the long-term vision for the Shared Use Path system. During this process the City and MPO will solicit and receive public comment through a variety of channels including Open Houses, surveys and emails. A webpage has been created just for the Update of the Sanibel Shared Use Path Master Plan project now underway. www.sanibelbikeped.com
How to Participate:
There are three ways you can still provide your input to Sanibel's Update of its Shared Use Path Master Plan:
1. On Monday, April 22, 2019 the community is invited to drop-in any time between 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. to share citizen input and recommendations to date for the Shared Use Master Plan Update . The Open House is being held at the Sanibel Recreation Center, 3880 Sanibel Captiva Road, Sanibel, FL 33957.2. You can respond to an online survey with the click of your mouse.
3. Input comments about specific locations on Sanibel where you have comments, concerns, or suggestions by using the Interactive Comment Map.
4. The project website www.sanibelbikeped.com also has links to the Project Calendar, Resources (which includes previous studies and source documents related to the Master Plan), and a “Contact Us” button to allow you to communicate with the project management team.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE INTERACTIVE COMMENT MAP
This is an excellent online tool for using the map of Sanibel to indicate specifically where you have concerns, comments, and ideas. You can also see everyone else’s comments and can comment on their comments. It is easy to use, once you have a few instructions:
1. The link to the website is: www.sanibelbikeped.com. This site includes links at the top (orange icons) to the following components:
2. Click on orange icon, "Interactive Comment Map". http://www.sanibelbikeped.com/interactive-comment-map/
3. Then move to the Green heading below and click on the tab "About and Help".
4. A drop down menu will appear. Click on "Instructions" tab.
5. Instructions for using the Map:
- To begin the comment process; please zoom to your location of interest.
- Once you have identified the location, click on the “Issues and Concerns” tab in the header.
- Click on the map at the location that you wish to identify as an issue or concern – a comment box will appear for you to describe the specific issue or concern.
- Once you are done entering your comments, please click on “Submit.”
- If someone has already identified a similar issue at the same location, you can click on the icon to view the respective comment.
- If you wish to Agree or Disagree with the comment or want to add an additional comment, please click the Show Comments/Surveys button to provide your input.
- Click “Add Comment” once you have completed your entry.