- Saturday, March 2: City of Palms half marathon & 5K. The inaugural City of Palms Half Marathon and 5K at FGCU will take you on a tour of the beautiful Florida Gulf Coast University campus and surrounding areas. 6:00 a.m., Fort Myers (eliteevents.org/cityofpalmshalf.com)
- Sunday, March 3: Lazy Flamingo half marathon and relay. This 13.1 mile course starts at the Lazy Flamingo on McGregor Blvd, winds th rough the beautiful neighborhoods of Whiskey Creek and Old McGregor before returning along the same route to the Lazy Flamingo and the best post race party in Lee County. Proceeds to benefit patients suffering from Parkinson’s Disease and local initiatives to open facilities for short & long term treatment of individuals seeking treatment for mental health and drug addition. 6.30 a.m, 12951 McGregor Blvd, Fort Myers (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Saturday, March 9: The Yo Taco Shrimp Run 5K, Fort Myers Beach (active.com)
- Saturday, March 16: Scope for Hope 5K run and 2-mile walk. 8 a.m., CenturyLink Sports Complex, Fort Myers (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Saturday, March 16: Lee County Medical Society Foundation 2019 Fun Run, 5K run, 2K walk, Lakes Park, Fort Myers. (3dracinginc.com)
- Saturday, March 23: The Inaugural Marlins 5K run or walk, begins and ends at Marlins Brewhouse on Six Mile Cypress Parkway, Fort Myers (3dracinginc.com)
- Saturday, March 23: Baker Park 5K, Naples (gcrunner.org)
- For more running events visit gcrunner.org/calendar.html; ftmyerstrackclub.com/race-calendar; and 3dracinginc.com
- Sunday, March 3: Wakey, Wakey! Weekly Sunday Morning Ride. All levels, all bikes, leaves from Fort Myers Trek store at 7:30 a.m. on a different route each week (mostly on bike paths). The ride is sanctioned by the Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club, so helmets are required, no ear buds, and no aero bar use while in the group. (meetup.com)
- Saturday, March 9: Sanibel Critical Mass ride, gathers at 7:30 p.m. at Jerry’s Shopping Center, 1700 Periwinkle Way, on Sanibel. Lights required, helmets recommended. (meetup.com)
- Sunday, March 10: Wakey, Wakey! Weekly Sunday Morning Ride. All levels, all bikes, leaves from Fort Myers Trek store at 7:30 a.m. on a different route each week (mostly on bike paths). The ride is sanctioned by the Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club, so helmets are required, no ear buds, and no aero bar use while in the group. (meetup.com)
- March 9-10: Royal Palm Challenge, 32- or 42-mile bonus ride Saturday (new), with the traditional RPC rides Sunday of 15, 40, 62 and 80 miles. Full support, swag and more. (calusariders.org)
- March 22-23: Pedal & Play in Paradise, 15-, 30- and 62-mile routes plus a Mystery Tour Sunday, plus a City Manager’s Tour Saturday (pedalandplayinparadise.com/)
- Ongoing: Join the Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club on one of their many weekly rides for members and potential members, with an array of paces and routes to choose from. Check them out online at www.caloosariders.org.
- For more Lee County cycling and tri events, visit Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club (caloosariders.org); Florida Mudcutters (mudcutters.org); and SW Florida Biking Meetup Group (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL).
- Saturday, May 11: Cape Coral Sprint Tri. The race features a 1/4 mile swim from the Yacht Club Beach, 11 mile bike ride and a 5k run through the beautiful, historic area of Southeast Cape Coral. (trifind.com)
- Saturday, May 18: Life’s a Beach Tri, Sarasota (trifind.com)
- Sunday, June 2: 33rd Annual Fitness Challenge Triathlon, Naples (trifind.com)
- Sunday, June 9: Heartland Sprint and Olympic Tri, Sebring (trifind.com)
- Sunday, June 23: Sirens Sprint Tri, Sarasota (trifind.com)
- Check trifind.com to find regional and state tris.