Saturday, May 21, 2011
Upcoming government meetings--June 2011
In June, there are several meetings that you might be interested in attending. Note: these meetings and details are included on the BikeWalkLee Calendar on the blog.
1. Lee County Government:
• The County’s Transit Task Force holds its 6th meeting on Thursday, June 9th at 1 p.m. at the Lee County Annex Building, 1825 Hendry St., Fort Myers. Check the website for materials:
• The Lee County Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee (BPAC) will hold its next monthly meeting at 3 p.m. on June 15th. Click here for the link to the BPAC website and meeting agenda.
• On June 15th at 6 p.m., the Lee Community Sustainability Advisory Committee (CSAC) will hold its monthly meeting. Check the Sustainability website for the agenda package:
2. MPO Meetings:
• The MPO’s Bicycle Pedestrian Coordinating Committee (BPCC) will meet on Tuesday May 31st at 1:30 p.m.
• The MPO Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) will meet on Thursday, June 2nd at 9:30 a.m.,
• The Citizens Advisory Committee (CAC) will meet on June 2nd at 3:00 p.m.
• MPO Traffic Management and Operations Committee (TMOC) Meeting - Wednesday, June, 8th at 1:30 p.m. in the MPO’s Victoria Ave. office.
• MPO Transportation Disadvantaged Local Coordinating Board (TDLCB) Meeting - Friday, June, 10th at 1:30 p.m.
• The MPO Board meeting is scheduled for Friday, June 17th at 9:00 a.m.
• All MPO meetings are held at the MPO’s office on 1926 Victoria Avenue, Fort Myers. Click here for a link to the MPO website where you'll find agendas and briefing packets for each meeting.
3. Local Jurisdiction Meetings:
• City of Fort Myers: Planning Board meets at 1 p.m. in the City Council Chambers. A public hearing on a Complete Streets Resolution is on the agenda. Stay tuned for more information!
• City of Cape Coral: On June 15th, the Council’s Transportation Advisory Committee meets at 9 a.m. to follow-up on the bike lanes discussion at their May 18th meeting.