is your weekly update of upcoming running, bicycling, and tri events,
with this Sunday the Siesta Key triathlon, duathlon and swim/run in Sarasota. More activities and details below.
FORT MYERS TRACK CLUB (ftmyerstrackclub.com):
- Tunnel to Towers 5K, Saturday, Sept. 10, FSW campus, Fort Myers.
- Downtown Dash 1 Mile Run, Friday, Sept. 16, downtown Fort Myers.
- Fort Myers Cops & Joggers 5K, Saturday, Oct. 8, downtown Fort Myers.
- Cape Coral Fire Department Fueled by Fire 5K, Saturday, Oct. 15, Tarpon Point, Cape Coral.
- 10K F.I.S.H. race, Saturday, Oct. 22, Sanibel Island.
GC RUNNERS (gcrunner.org):
- Friends of Foster Children Forever Labor Day 5K, Monday, Sept. 6, Lowdermilk Park, Naples.
- Gulf to Gulf 80 Mile Relay, Saturday, Oct. 22, Naples to Sanibel and back.
- Olde Naples 10K, Sunday, Nov. 13, Rodgers Park, Naples
ELITE EVENTS (runeliteevents.com):
- Naples Distance Classic Half-Marathon, 10K and 5K, Saturday, Oct. 8, Eagle Lakes Park, Naples.
- Naples Rocktoberfest 5K and 10K, Saturday, Oct. 22, North Collier Regional Park, Naples.
The Caloosa Riders are offering member rides, but some are open to non-members (and it wouldn’t hurt you to join the club); check their ride calendar (caloosariders.org) for a description of the distance and speed, and to see if the ride is open to all.
SW Florida Critical Mass is offering their usual slate of family-friendly rides. Check out their line-up online (www.meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/) for details and times (and to make sure the ride is still rolling).
- SW Florida Critical Mass ride, first Friday of the month. A family-friendly slow night ride through Fort Myers. Front and rear bike lights required. Helmet and lights required, meet in the parking lot at 2180 West First Street, Fort Myers.
- Sanibel Critical Mass night ride, second Saturday of the month. Gathers at Jerry’s Shopping Center, 1700 Periwinkle Way, on Sanibel. Lights required, helmets recommended.
- NE Lee Critical Mass ride, third Friday of the month. Gather in the Winn Dixie parking lot on Palm Beach Blvd. about five miles east of the Interstate; gather at 7 p.m. and roll at 7:30 p.m. for a slow ride through Fort Myers Shores.
- Cape Coral Critical Mass ride, fourth Friday of the month. Gather at the Southwest Florida Military Museum parking lot at 4820 Leonard Street for a family-friendly night ride through the Cape; helmets and lights required.
- Saturday Morning
Slow Roll, fourth Saturday of the month. Meet-up at 2160 McGregor Blvd.,
Fort Myers. Recommended for inexperienced/young riders. Distance is 6
miles, includes group ride instruction.
- Siesta Sprint Triathlon, Sunday, July 31, triathlon, duathlon and swim/run, Siesta Key, Sarasota (trisignup.com).
- Top Gun Sprint Triathlon, Saturday, Aug. 6, Pinellas Bayway, St. Petersburg (www.thunderboltmultisport.com/Events/Top-Gun-Triathlon or runsignup.com)
- Fort Desoto Sprint or Olympic Tri, Sunday, Aug. 21, St. Petersburg (fortdesototrilogy.com/ or runsignup.com)
- Fort Desoto Sprint or Olympic Tri, Sunday, Sept. 18, St. Petersburg (fortdesototrilogy.com/ or runsignup.com)
- City Island Tri, Sunday, Oct. 9, Sarasota (https://run941.com/ or runsignup.com)
For the very latest, go to Fort Myers Track Club (ftmyerstrackclub.com), Gulf Coast Runners (gcrunner.org), Caloosa Riders (caloosariders.org), and South West Florida Critical Mass (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL)