- Monday, Sept. 2: Labor Day 5K, Lowdermilk Park, Naples (gcrunner.org)
- Saturday, Sept. 14: Tunnel to Towers 5K Run/Walk, Lakes Park, Fort Myers (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Saturday, Sept. 14: Average Joe Run 5K, North Collier Regional Park, Naples (active.com)
- Saturday, Sept. 14: Venice Half Marathon & 5K, Venice (venicehalf.com)
- Friday, Sept. 20: Downtown Dash 1-mile run/walk, 6 p.m., Lee county regional Library, downtown Fort Myers (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Wednesday, Oct. 3: GCR Corporate Run, non-timed 5K, Gordon River Greenway, Naples (gcrunner.org)
- Saturday, Oct. 5: Busey Bank Run for Prevention 5K, Centennial Park, Fort Myers (3dracinginc.com)
- Sunday, Oct. 6: Rocktoberfest 5K/10K, North Collier Regional Park, Naples (eliteevents.com)
- Saturday, Oct. 12: Fort Myers Cops and Joggers 5K, downtown Fort Myers (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Saturday, Oct. 19: Gulf to Gulf 80 Mile Relay, downtown Naples to the Sanibel Causeway and back for 6-person relay teams (gcrunner.org)
- Saturday, Oct. 26: FISH 10K, Sanibel (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Saturday, Oct. 26: Eighth annual LCEC Goblin Gallop 5K, Jaycee Park, Cape Coral (3dracinginc.com)
- Saturday, Oct. 26: Halloween Monster 5K, Fleischmann Park, Naples (gcrunner.org)
- For more running events visit gcrunner.org/calendar.html; ftmyerstrackclub.com/race-calendar; eliteevents.org and 3dracinginc.com
- Tuesday, Aug. 27: Taco Tuesday Ride. Every Tuesday night, We Ride For Tacos! After a 21 mile ride on Treeline/Old Airport/Daniels/6 Mile Cypress roads and paths, we'll finish at Tijuana Flats for Taco Tuesday. B RIDERS: 16 to 18 mph for the basic group. A RIDERS: The faster group rides at 20mph plus. We finish well after dark, so Front And Rear Lights are Required. 6:30 p.m., Trek Bicycle Store of Fort Myers, 8291 Dani Drive, Fort Myers (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL)
- Friday, Aug. 30: Cape Coral Critical Mass ride. Gather at 7:30 p.m., start at 8 p.m. at the Southwest Florida Military Museum parking lot at 4820 Leonard Street for a family-friendly ride through the Cape. Lights required, helmets recommended. (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL)
- Saturday, Aug. 31: Saturday Slow Roll 8 a.m. meet-up at 2160 McGregor Blvd. Recommended for inexperienced/young riders. Distance is 6 miles, includes group ride instruction. (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL)
- Saturday, Aug. 31: Critical Mass 6th annual Anniversary Beach Party: Food, fun, costume and bike contest… oh, and a ride as well. Pre-ride fun starts at 5 p.m., ride kicks off at 8 p.m., all from Centennial Park, downtown Fort Myers. (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL)
- Sunday, Sep. 1: Wakey, Wakey! Weekly Sunday Morning Ride. This is a weekly ride for riders of most skill levels and most types of bicycles (hybrids, fitness, and road). The ride is sanctioned by the Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club, thus helmets are required, no ear buds, and no aero bar use while in the group. 7.30 a.m., location varies, visit (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL) for details.
- Ongoing: Join the Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club on one of their many weekly rides for members and potential members, with an array of paces and routes to choose from. Check them out online at www.caloosariders.org.
- For more Lee County cycling and tri events, visit Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club (caloosariders.org); Florida Mudcutters (mudcutters.org); and SW Florida Biking Meetup Group (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL).
- Saturday-Sunday, Sept. 7-8: Galloway Captiva Tri. Sprint on Saturday, kids’ events Sunday (www.gearedup.biz)
- Saturday, Sept. 21: The Original Siesta Key Tri, sprint (runsignup.com)
- Sunday, Nov. 17: Longboat Key Sprint/Olympic Triathlon and Duathlon and 5K (imathlete.com)
- Check trifind.com to find regional and state tris.