- Thursday, Nov. 22: Thanksgiving Day 5K Run/Walk. The central location of Germain Arena creates the perfect location for Southwest Florida residents and vacationers to meet up for a Thanksgiving morning 5k run and walk. 7 a.m., Germain Arena, Estero (eliteevents.org)
- Thursday, Nov. 22: FGCU Gobbler 5K, Alico Arena, Fort Myers (runsignup.com)
- Thursday, Nov. 22: GCR Thanksgiving 5K, 7:30 a.m., Cambier Park, Naples (gcrunner.org)
- Saturday, Dec. 1: 40th Annual River Run 10K, downtown Fort Myers (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Saturday, Dec. 1: CCSP 5K. Run or walk to benefit Collier County Public Schools. Barron Collier High School (gcrunner.org)
- Saturday, Dec. 8: Christmas Glow Run 5K, 6 p.m. Nathan Benderson Park, Sarasota (eliteevents.org)
- Sunday, Dec. 9: Florida West Coast Half Marathon and 5K, 7 a.m., Nathan Benderson Park, Sarasota (eliteevents.org)
- Saturday, Dec. 15: Naples Christmas Glow Run 5K, 6 p.m., sugden Regional Park, Naples (eliteevents.org)
- Saturday, Dec. 22: Marco 5 Mile Hill Run, Marco island (gcrunner.org)
- For more running events visit gcrunner.org/calendar.html; ftmyerstrackclub.com/race-calendar; and 3dracinginc.com
- Saturday, Nov. 24: Saturday Slow Roll 8 a.m. meet-up at 2160 McGregor Blvd. Recommended for inexperienced/young riders. Distance is 6 miles, includes group ride instruction. (meetup.com)
- Sunday, Nov. 25: Iron Joe Turkey Ride. Begins and ends at Fit & Fuel Bicycle Café in the Pavilion Shipping Center, Naples. Fully supported ride of 62, 40, 20 and 5 miles (caloosariders.org)
- Sunday, Nov. 25: Wakey, Wakey! Weekly Sunday Morning Ride. All levels, all bikes, leaves from Fort Myers Trek store at 7:30 a.m. on a different route each week (mostly on bike paths). The ride is sanctioned by the Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club, so helmets are required, no ear buds, and no aero bar use while in the group. (meetup.com)
- Friday, Nov. 30: Cape Coral Critical Mass ride. Gather at 7:30 p.m. at the Southwest Florida Military Museum parking lot at 4820 Leonard Street for a family-friendly ride through the Cape. Lights required, helmets recommended (meetup.com)
- Ongoing: Join the Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club on one of their many weekly rides for members and potential members, with an array of paces and routes to choose from. Check them out online at www.caloosariders.org.
- For more Lee County cycling and tri events, visit Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club (caloosariders.org); Florida Mudcutters (mudcutters.org); and SW Florida Biking Meetup Group (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL).
- Jan. 6, 2019: HITS Triathlon Series, with sprint, Olympic and half-Ironman distances. Nathan Benderson Park, Sarasota (hitstriathlonseries.com)
- Check trifind.com to find regional and state tris.