- Saturday, Feb. 17: Edison Festival of Light 5K. Over the years, the Edison Festival 5K Race has gained international notoriety. Well over 1,400 participants and thousands of spectators take over the streets of the Downtown River District. Register your team for this 3.1 mile race for fun and a chance to win cash prizes. This professional event is coordinated from start to finish by the Fort Myers Track Club and includes chip timing and an after-event awards program. Downtown Fort Myers at 5:45 p.m.(edisonfestival.org/events/2018/5k-run) (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Saturday, Feb. 17: 2018 Babcock Ranch Doggie Dash 5K. We’re hosting our 2nd Annual Bark in the Park Event, so grab your furry friends and get ready to come out to Babcock Ranch for this fun-filled day. The event starts with our Doggie Dash 5K race at 7:30 a.m. Runners can run solo or with a pet. 7:30 a.m., Babcock Ranch (babcockranch.com/event/bark-in-the-park-doggie-dash-5k/) (3dracinginc.com)
- Saturday, Feb. 24: Swamp Stomp 5K, 7:30 a.m. in Labelle. Benefits Caloosa Humane Society (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Saturday, Feb. 24: Naples High School Golden Eagle Run 5K, 7:30 a.m. (gcrunner.org)
- Sunday, March 4: 15th annual River, Roots & Ruts Trail Run, half marathon/relay and 5K fun run, 8 a.m., Caloosahatchee Regional Park, Alva (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Saturday, March 10: Shrimp Run 5K, Matanzas Bridge, Fort Myers Beach (active.com)
- Thursday, March 15: St Patrick’s Day 5K Fun Run, 6:15 p.m., Fit and Fuel, 819 Vanderbilt Beach Road, Naples (gcrunner.org)
- For more running events visit gcrunner.org/calendar.html; ftmyerstrackclub.com/race-calendar; and 3dracinginc.com
- Saturday, Feb. 24: Saturday Slow Roll 8 a.m. meet-up at 2160 McGregor Blvd. Recommended for inexperienced/young riders. Distance is 6 miles, includes group ride instruction. (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
- Sunday, Feb. 25: Dirty Hamster 100, gravel/off-road ride through the Babcock-Webb WMA. Complete 4 laps of 25 miles for the century or pick you own distance. Ride multiples of any loop: 25 mile loop, 10 mile loop, or a 10 mile paved section. (caloosariders.org)
- Saturday, March 10: Pedal and Play in Paradise, 62-, 30- and 15-mile rides, plus a 10-mile Mystery Ride (pedalandplayinparadise.com)
- Ongoing: Join the Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club on one of their many weekly rides for members and potential members, with an array of paces and routes to choose from. Check them out online at www.caloosariders.org.
- For more Lee County cycling and tri events, visit Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club (caloosariders.org); Florida Mudcutters (mudcutters.org); and SW Florida Biking Meetup Group (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL).
- Check trifind.com to find regional and state tris.