Check the current status of the events, using the links below, before heading out.
- Saturday, Oct. 21: Gulf to Gulf 80 Mile Relay. This relay race, consisting of 30 six person teams, will begin at 6 a.m. with runners winding their way through the tropical streets of Naples continuing north to Bonita Springs, Ft. Myers Beach with a turn around at the Sanibel Causeway. (gcrunner.org)
- Saturday, Oct. 28: Race 4 F.I.S.H. 10K, 7:30 a.m., Sanibel Community House (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Saturday, Oct. 28: Monster Dash 5K, 7:30 a.m., Fleischmann Park, Naples (gcrunner.org)
- Saturday, Oct. 28: 6th annual LCEC Goblin Gallop 5K Run/Walk.7:30 a.m. at Jim Jeffers Park, Cape Coral (3dracinginc.com)
- Sunday, Nov. 5: Fort Myers Marathon, featuring marathon, half-marathon and 5K distances (fortmyersmarathon.com)
- Saturday, Nov. 11: Midpoint Madness 5K, 7 p.m., Royal Palm Square, Fort Myers (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Saturday, Nov. 11: Olde Naples 10K, 7:30 a.m., Olde Naples (gcrunner.org)
- Sunday, Nov. 19: Naples Fall Classic Half-Marathon and 5K, 7 a.m., Sugden Regional Park, Naples (napleshalf.com)
- Thursday, Nov. 23: 37th annual Turkey Trot, Cape Coral Hospital (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Thursday, Nov. 23: Thanksgiving Day 5K Run/Walk, Germain Arena, Estero (eliteevents.org)
- Thursday, Nov. 23: Gulf Coast Runner’s Thanksgiving 5K, Cambier Park, Naples (gcrunner.org)
- For more running events visit gcrunner.org/calendar.html; ftmyerstrackclub.com/race-calendar; and 3dracinginc.com/.
- Friday, Oct. 20: Roll Estero. Meet at Tropical Smoothie, 10011 Town Commons Drive #104a, Estero, at 7:30 p.m. for a 8 p.m. roll out on an easy 10-miler. Lights required, helmets recommended. (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
- Sunday, Oct. 22: Tour de North Port, start at 8 a.m. with 15-, 35- or 65-mile rides plus an off-road “Gravel Grinders” option. (peoplefortrees.com/tourevent1_17.php)
- Friday, Oct. 27: Cape Coral Critical Mass ride. Gather at 7:30 p.m. at 4706 SE 11th Place for a family-friendly ride through the Cape. Lights required, helmets recommended. (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
- Saturday, Oct. 28: Saturday Slow Roll. 8 a.m. meet-up at 2160 McGregor Blvd. Recommended for inexperienced/young riders. Distance is 6 miles, includes group ride instruction. (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
- Friday, Nov. 3: SW Florida Critical Mass ride. A family-friendly slow ride through Fort Myers starting at a special time: 7:15 p.m. Front and rear bike lights required. Grab your helmet, bring all your friends and meet in the open field next to Publix at First Street Village, 2160 McGregor Blvd. Fort Myers. (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
- Sunday, Nov. 12: Tour for Epilepsy, 21-, 32- and 62-mile rides, Coasline Cyclery, Fort Myers (caloosariders.org)
- Ongoing: Join the Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club on one of their many weekly rides for members and potential members, with an array of paces and routes to choose from. Check them out online at www.caloosariders.org.
- For more Lee County cycling and tri events, visit Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club (caloosariders.org); Florida Mudcutters (mudcutters.org); and SW Florida Biking Meetup Group (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL).
- Check trifind.com to find regional and state tris.