- Monday, May 29: SNIP Collier Memorial Day 5K. 8 a.m., 8004 Trail Blvd, Naples (next to Longhorn Steakhouse). Enjoy a wonderful 5K race that showcases the beautiful streets of Pine Ridge. This course will start and end at The Crust Restaurant. (gcrunner.org)
- Monday, May 29: Sandoval 5K. 6 a.m., 2573 Sandoval Pkwy, Cape Coral. This 5K Run/Walk is in the Sandoval Community, starting at the club house and running through the beautiful palm tree lined neighborhood streets. It is intended for all ages, all levels of fitness! (3dracinginc.com)
- Monday, May 29: Memorial Day Veterans 10K and 5K race, Laisley Park, Punta Gorda (www.memorialdayrace.com or www.active.com)
- Saturday, June 17: Sugden Stride 5K, Sugden Regional Park, Naples (eliteevents.org)
- For more running events visit gcrunner.org/calendar.html; ftmyerstrackclub.com/race-calendar; and 3dracinginc.com/.
- Friday, May 26: Cape Coral Critical Mass ride. Gather at 7:30 p.m. at 4706 SE 11th Place for a family-friendly ride through the Cape. Lights required, helmets recommended. (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
- Saturday, May 27: Saturday Slow Roll. 9 a.m. meet-up at 2160 McGregor Blvd. Recommended for inexperienced/young riders. Distance is 6 miles, includes group ride instruction. (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
- Friday, May 5: SW Florida Critical Mass ride. A family-friendly slow ride through Fort Myers starting at 7:15 p.m. Front and rear bike lights required. Grab your helmet, bring all your friends and meet in the open field next to Publix at First Street Village, 2160 McGregor Blvd. Fort Myers. (twitter.com/swflcm or meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
- Ongoing: Join the Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club on one of their many weekly rides for members and potential members, with an array of paces and routes to choose from. Check them out online at www.caloosariders.org.
- For more Lee County cycling and tri events, visit Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club (caloosariders.org); Florida Mudcutters (mudcutters.org); and SW Florida Biking Meetup Group (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL).
- Sunday, June 4: 31st Annual Fitness Challenge Reverse Tri. Naples Beach Club, Naples. (thefitnesschallengetriathlon.com)
- Sunday, July 2: American Sprint triathlon & duathlon. Sugden Regional Park, Naples (eliteevents.org)
- Saturday, July 8: Englewood YMCA Sprint Triathlon, Englewood (www.swflymca.org/programs/englewood-triathlon/)
- Check trifind.com to find more regional and state tris.