- Wednesday, July 4: Freedom 5K, 7 a.m., Cape Coral Bridge (www.freedom5kcc.com/) (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Wednesday, July 4: USA Independence Day 5K, 7 a.m., Germaine Arena, Estero (eliteevents.org).
- Wednesday, July 4: Moe’s Firecracker 5K, 7 a.m., Fleishmann Park, Naples (gcrunner.org)
- Tuesday, July 10: Fort Myers Track Club Summer Social, 7 p.m. at Lazy Flamingo, Fort Myers (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Saturday, July 28: Eagle Lakes 5K, 7 a.m., Eagle Lakes Regional Park, Naples (eliteevents.org)
- Saturday, Aug. 11: Cape 5K, 7 a.m., Jaycee Park, Cape Coral (3dracinginc.com)
- For more running events visit gcrunner.org/calendar.html; ftmyerstrackclub.com/race-calendar; and 3dracinginc.com
- Sunday, July 8: Wheels & Wings with four different rides of 15, 32, 50 and 62 miles plus a 40 mile Gravel Grinder. 7 a.m. at Beef O’Brady’s, Punta Gorda
- Sunday, July 8: Wakey, Wakey! Weekly Sunday Morning Ride. All levels, all bikes, leaves from Fort Myers Trek store at 7:30 a.m. on a different route each week (mostly on bike paths). The ride is sanctioned by the Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club, so helmets are required, no ear buds, and no aero bar use while in the group.(meetup.com/Biking-SWFL)
- Friday, July 13: NE-Lee Critical Mass ride, gathers at 7:30 p.m. at the Winn-Dixie, 14600 Palm Beach Blvd. Lights required, helmets recommended.(meetup.com/Biking-SWFL)
- Saturday, July 14: Sanibel Critical Mass ride, gathers at 7:30 p.m. at Jerry’s Shopping Center, 1700 Periwinkle Way, on Sanibel. Lights required, helmets recommended. (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL)
- Ongoing: Join the Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club on one of their many weekly rides for members and potential members, with an array of paces and routes to choose from. Check them out online at www.caloosariders.org.
- For more Lee County cycling and tri events, visit Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club (caloosariders.org); Florida Mudcutters (mudcutters.org); and SW Florida Biking Meetup Group (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL).
- Saturday, July 14: Englewood YMCA Sprint Tri, Englewood. (active.com)
- Saturday, Aug. 11: Naples Junior Tri, 8 a.m., North Collier Regional Park (gcrunner.org)
- Saturday-Sunday, Sept. 15-16: Galloway Captiva Tri. Kids’ events Saturday morning (three age groups), sprint tri Sunday morning. (captivatri.org)
- Check trifind.com to find regional and state tris.