- Sunday, Dec. 8: Florida West Coast Half Marathon & 5K, Nathan Benderson Park, Sarasota (westcoasthalf.com)
- Saturday, Dec. 14: QBE Shootout 5K, Tiburon Golf Club, Naples (gcrunner.org)
- Saturday, Dec. 14: Naples Christmas Glow Run 5K, Sugden Regional Park, Naples (runeliteevents.com)
- Sunday, Dec. 15: Naples Distance Classic 5K/10K/Half Marathon, Eagle Lakes Community Park, Naples (naplesdistanceclassic.com)
- Sunday, Dec. 15: Jingle Bell 5K, Babcock Ranch (active.com)
- Saturday, Dec. 21: Marco 5 Mile Hill Run, Marco Island (gcrunner.org)
- Jan. 5: Hooters River, Roots and Ruts 10-mile and 5K run, Caloosahatchee Regional Park, Alva (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Jan. 11: Pine Island Kiwanis Club Calusa 5K, Pine Island (3dracinginc.com)
- Jan. 18: Run to Home Base 5K run/walk, 1 mile walk and kids dash, JetBlue Park, Fort Myers (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Jan. 19: Naples Daily News Half Marathon, Naples (gcrunner.org)
- Jan. 25: BUG Chase 5K run/walk, Calusa Nature Center, Fort Myers (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Jan. 25: Run for the Paws 5K, to benefit the Collier Humane Society (gcrunner.org)
- For more running events visit gcrunner.org/calendar.html; ftmyerstrackclub.com/race-calendar; eliteevents.org and 3dracinginc.com
- Monday, Dec. 2: Monday Minions Ride. This is a weekly ride that rolls in the 13-15 mph range. Total distance around 15 miles. After the ride most go over to Square 1 restaurant for the $5 burger and fries deal. If you are looking to get into cycling beyond the casual roll, this is an ideal ride for you. 6 p.m., Fort Myers Cyclery, 3630 Cleveland Avenue, Fort Myers (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL)
- Tuesday, Dec. 3: Taco Tuesday Ride. Every Tuesday night, We Ride For Tacos! After a 21 mile ride on Treeline/Old Airport/Daniels/6 Mile Cypress roads and paths, we'll finish at Tijuana Flats for Taco Tuesday. B RIDERS: 16 to 18 mph for the basic group. A RIDERS: The faster group rides at 20mph plus. We finish well after dark, so Front And Rear Lights are Required. 6:30 p.m., Trek Bicycle Store of Fort Myers, 8291 Dani Drive, Fort Myers (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL)
- Sunday, Dec. 8: Wakey, Wakey! Weekly Sunday Morning Ride. This is a weekly ride for riders of most skill levels and most types of bicycles (hybrids, fitness, and road). The ride is sanctioned by the Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club, thus helmets are required, no ear buds, and no aero bar use while in the group. 7.30 a.m., location varies, visit (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL) for details.
- Saturday, Dec. 14: Sanibel Critical Mass ride, gathers at 7 p.m. at Jerry’s Shopping Center, 1700 Periwinkle Way, on Sanibel. Lights required, helmets recommended. (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL)
- Friday, Dec. 20: NE-Lee Critical Mass ride, gathers at 7 p.m. at the Winn-Dixie, 14600 Palm Beach Blvd. Lights required, helmets recommended.(meetup.com/Biking-SWFL)
- Ongoing: Join the Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club on one of their many weekly rides for members and potential members, with an array of paces and routes to choose from. Check them out online at www.caloosariders.org.
- For more Lee County cycling and tri events, visit Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club (caloosariders.org); Florida Mudcutters (mudcutters.org); and SW Florida Biking Meetup Group (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL).
- Sunday, Jan. 5: HITS Sarasota Tri, with sprint/Olympic/half distances, Nathan Benderson Park, Sarasota (hitsendurance.com)
- Check trifind.com to find regional and state tris.