- Saturday, Feb. 16: Edison 5K run/walk. Over the years, the Edison Festival 5K Race has gained international notoriety. Well over 1,400 participants and thousands of spectators take over the streets of the Downtown River District. Register your team for this 3.1 mile race for fun and a chance to win cash prizes. 3:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m, 2500 Edwards Dr, Fort Myers (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Sunday, Feb. 17: Paradise Coast half marathon &5K, Naples (eliteevents.org/paradisehalf.com)
- Saturday, Feb. 23: Swamp Stomp 5K run/walk, Labelle (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Saturday, Feb. 23:Naples High School Golden Eagle Run, Naples (gcrunner.org)
- Saturday, Feb. 23: Run the Lakes for Cypress Lake Middle 5K, Lakes Park, Fort Myers (runsignup.com)
- Saturday, March 2: City of Palms half marathon & 5K. The inaugural City of Palms Half Marathon and 5K at FGCU will take you on a tour of the beautiful Florida Gulf Coast University campus and surrounding areas. 6:00 a.m., Fort Myers (eliteevents.org/cityofpalmshalf.com)
- Sunday, March 3: Lazy Flamingo half marathon and relay, Fort Myers (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Saturday, March 9: The Yo Taco Shrimp Run 5K, Fort Myers Beach (active.com)
- For more running events visit gcrunner.org/calendar.html; ftmyerstrackclub.com/race-calendar; and 3dracinginc.com
- Sunday, Feb. 17:Wakey, Wakey! Weekly Sunday Morning Ride. All levels, all bikes, leaves from Fort Myers Trek store at 7:30 a.m. on a different route each week (mostly on bike paths).The ride is sanctioned by the Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club, so helmets are required, no ear buds, and no aero bar use while in the group. (meetup.com)
- Saturday, Feb. 23: Saturday Slow Roll 8 a.m. meet-up at 2160 McGregor Blvd. Recommended for inexperienced/young riders. Distance is 6 miles, includes group ride instruction. (meetup.com)
- Sunday, Feb.24: Tour de Marco, 5-, 15- and 30-mile routes (active.com)
- Sunday, Feb. 24:Wakey, Wakey! Weekly Sunday Morning Ride. All levels, all bikes, leaves from Fort Myers Trek store at 7:30 a.m. on a different route each week (mostly on bike paths).The ride is sanctioned by the Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club, so helmets are required, no ear buds, and no aero bar use while in the group. (meetup.com)
- Friday, March 1: SWFlorida Critical Mass ride. A family-friendly slow ride through Fort Myers gathering at 7:14 p.m. and starting at 8 p.m. Front and rear bike lights required. Grab your helmet, bring all your friends and meet in the open field next to Publix at First Street Village, 2160 McGregor Blvd. Fort Myers. (meetup.com)
- March 9-10: Royal Palm Challenge, 32- or 42-mile bonus ride Saturday (new), with the traditional RPC rides Sunday of 15, 40, 62 and 80 miles. Full support, swag and more. (calusariders.org)
- March 22-23: Pedal & Play in Paradise, 15-, 30- and 62-mile routes plus a Mystery Tour Sunday, plus a City Manager’s Tour Saturday (pedalandplayinparadise.com/)
- Ongoing: Join the Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club on one of their many weekly rides for members and potential members, with an array of paces and routes to choose from. Check them out online at www.caloosariders.org.
- For more Lee County cycling and tri events, visit Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club (caloosariders.org); Florida Mudcutters (mudcutters.org); and SW Florida Biking Meetup Group (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL).
- Saturday, May 11: Cape Coral Sprint Tri. The race features a 1/4 mile swim from the Yacht Club Beach, 11 mile bike ride and a 5k run through the beautiful, historic area of Southeast Cape Coral. (trifind.com)
- Saturday, May 18: Life’s a Beach Tri, Sarasota (trifind.com)
- Sunday, June 2: 33rd Annual Fitness Challenge Triathlon, Naples (trifind.com)
- Sunday, June 9: Heartland Sprint and Olympic Tri, Sebring (trifind.com)
- Sunday, June 23: Sirens Sprint Tri, Sarasota (trifind.com)
- Check trifind.com to find regional and state tris.