- Saturday, April 7: Fast and Furriest 5K. The Fast and The Furriest 5K and 1 Mile Walk is one of GCHS' big fundraisers of the year. This year's event is the 8th Annual and will be held April 7, 2018 at Hammond Stadium. Last year there was a record-breaking 430-plus participants taking part! The 5K and 1 Mile Walk is a dog-friendly event, meaning participants are welcome to run or walk with their dog! Hammond Stadium. (active.com)
- Saturday, April 21: Friends of Foster Children Forever 5K, Vineyards Community Park, Naples (gcrunner.org).
- Saturday, April 21: Lipman 5K Run For Backpacks, 8 a.m., Immokalee High School, Immokalee (active.com)
- Saturday, May 12: Turtle Trot 5K, 8 a.m., Lovers Key State Park, Fort Myers Beach (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Saturday, May 19: Cape Cops 5K, 7:30 a.m., Cape Coral Yacht Club, Cape Coral (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- For more running events visit gcrunner.org/calendar.html; ftmyerstrackclub.com/race-calendar; and 3dracinginc.com
- Friday, April 6: SW Florida Critical Mass ride. A family-friendly slow ride through Fort Myers starting at a special time: 7:15 p.m. Front and rear bike lights required. Grab your helmet, bring all your friends and meet in the open field next to Publix at First Street Village, 2160 McGregor Blvd. Fort Myers.(meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
- Friday, April 13: NE-Lee Critical Mass ride. Gathers at 7:30 p.m. at the Winn-Dixie, 14600 Palm Beach Blvd. Lights required, helmets recommended.(meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
- Saturday, April 14: Sanibel Critical Mass ride. Gathers at 7:30 p.m. at Jerry’s Shopping Center, 1700 Periwinkle Way, on Sanibel. Lights required, helmets recommended. (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
- Wednesday, May 16: This year Ride of Silence, to remember cyclists killed or injured on public roadways. Centennial Park, Fort Myers, ride starts at 7 p.m. Details at www.caloosariders.org.
- Ongoing: Join the Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club on one of their many weekly rides for members and potential members, with an array of paces and routes to choose from. Check them out online at www.caloosariders.org.
- For more Lee County cycling and tri events, visit Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club (caloosariders.org); Florida Mudcutters (mudcutters.org); and SW Florida Biking Meetup Group (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL).
- Sunday, April 15: FGCU Eagle Sprint Tri and Duathlon, Florida Gulf Coast University (blogs.fgcu.edu/campusrec/eagle-sprint-triathlon, active.com).
- Saturday, May 12: Cape Coral Yacht Club Sprint Tri (active.com).
- Sunday, June 3: Fitness Challenge Sprint Tri, Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club, Naples (active.com)
- Saturday, July 14: Englewood YMCA Sprint Tri, Englewood. (active.com)
- Check trifind.com to find regional and state tris.