- Sunday, March 4: 15th annual River, Roots & Ruts Trail Run, half marathon/relay and 5K fun run. The River, Roots & Ruts is a great opportunity to experience Florida trail running at its finest. It is suited for experienced trail runners and novices. The main event is a 13.1 mile half marathon utilizing both sides of the park: the wide nature trails on the south side and the single lane mountain bike trails on the north side. 8 a.m., Caloosahatchee Regional Park, Alva (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Thursday, March 15: St Patrick’s Day 5K Fun Run, 6:15 p.m., Fit and Fuel, 819 Vanderbilt Beach Road, Naples (gcrunner.org)
- Cancelled: Saturday, March 17: Hodges University Student Success 5K for Scholarships, 4501 Colonial Blvd. Fort Myers (3dracing.com).
- Saturday, March 24: Run for the Music 10K, Starts at Artis Naples. (gcrunner.org)
- For more running events visit gcrunner.org/calendar.html; ftmyerstrackclub.com/race-calendar; and 3dracinginc.com
- Friday, March 2: SW Florida Critical Mass ride. A family-friendly slow ride through Fort Myers starting at a special time: 7:15 p.m. Front and rear bike lights required. Grab your helmet, bring all your friends and meet in the open field next to Publix at First Street Village, 2160 McGregor Blvd. Fort Myers. (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
- Friday, March 9: NE-Lee Critical Mass ride, gathers at 7:30 p.m. at the Winn-Dixie, 14600 Palm Beach Blvd. Lights required, helmets recommended. (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
- Saturday, March 10: Sanibel Critical Mass ride, gathers at 7:30 p.m. at Jerry’s Shopping Center, 1700 Periwinkle Way, on Sanibel. Lights required, helmets recommended. (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
- Saturday, March 10: Pedal and Play in Paradise, 62-, 30- and 15-mile rides, plus a 10-mile Mystery Ride (pedalandplayinparadise.com)
- Ongoing: Join the Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club on one of their many weekly rides for members and potential members, with an array of paces and routes to choose from. Check them out online at www.caloosariders.org.
- For more Lee County cycling and tri events, visit Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club (caloosariders.org); Florida Mudcutters (mudcutters.org); and SW Florida Biking Meetup Group (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL).
- Check trifind.com to find regional and state tris.