- Saturday, Dec. 16: Citygate Ministries Downtown Christmas Run 5K. The Downtown Christmas Run is an exciting way to get into the Christmas spirit. We will be running through downtown Fort Myers over the bridge and back. We will be lighting the course with Christmas lights as our way of spreading Christmas cheer. All of the proceeds will go to the youth at Crossover Youth Center, which is a program that works with at-risk youth in the city of Fort Myers. 6 p.m., downtown Fort Myers (3dracinginc.com)
- Saturday, Dec. 16: Christmas Santa Stroll 5K Glow Run. Run on paths lined with thousands of lights and dozens of lighted characters! Add to the excitement and fun by running or walking with glowing decorations. A true glow run and walk where participants help to decorate beautiful Lake Avalon with their shining movements as they compete in the professionally chip timed 5K.
5:30 p.m., Sugden Regional Park, Avalon Drive, Naples (eliteevents.org)
- Saturday, Dec. 23: Marco 5 Mile Hill Run, 8 a.m., Wesley United Methodist Church, Marco Island (gcrunner.org)
- Monday, Jan. 1: Dave Cranor 5K/ Big Dave’s Polar Plunge, Lowdermilk Park, Naples. (gcrunner.org).
- Saturday, Jan. 6: 3rd Annual Facial Hair for Cancer Causes, 10K/5K run, 2 mile walk. Tara Woods, North Fort Myers (3dracinginc.com)
- Sunday, Jan. 14: Naples Daily News Half Marathon, Old Naples (gcrunner.org).
- Saturday, Jan. 27: 10th annual Calusa Bug Chase, 5K run/walk, Calusa Nature Center, Fort Myers (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- For more running events visit gcrunner.org/calendar.html; ftmyerstrackclub.com/race-calendar; and 3dracinginc.com
- Friday, Dec. 15: Roll Estero is CANCELLED for now.
- Friday, Dec. 29: Cape Coral Critical Mass ride. Gather at 7:30 p.m. at 4706 SE 11th Place for a family-friendly ride through the Cape. Lights required, helmets recommended. (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
- Saturday, Dec. 30: Saturday Slow Roll 8 a.m. meet-up at 2160 McGregor Blvd. Recommended for inexperienced/young riders. Distance is 6 miles, includes group ride instruction. (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
- Friday, Jan. 5: SW Florida Critical Mass ride. A family-friendly slow ride through Fort Myers starting at a special time: 7:15 p.m. Front and rear bike lights required. Grab your helmet, bring all your friends and meet in the open field next to Publix at First Street Village, 2160 McGregor Blvd. Fort Myers. (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
- Ongoing: Join the Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club on one of their many weekly rides for members and potential members, with an array of paces and routes to choose from. Check them out online at www.caloosariders.org.
- For more Lee County cycling and tri events, visit Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club (caloosariders.org); Florida Mudcutters (mudcutters.org); and SW Florida Biking Meetup Group (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL).
- Sunday, Dec. 17: Christmas Sprint Duathlon & Triathlon. The Christmas season has a Sprint Duathlon and Triathlon at beautiful Sugden Regional Park. 7 a.m., Sugden Regional Park, Naples (eliteevents.org/christmas-sprint-triathlon--duathlon.html)
- Check trifind.com to find regional and state tris.