- Thursday, Nov. 23: 37th annual Turkey Trot. Proceeds from the event will help construct Cape Coral Hospital’s Pathway to Discovery and benefit Fort Myers Track Club youth scholarships. 6:00 a.m. Check-in; 7:30 a.m. - Start. Wellness Center, 609 SE 13th Ct., Cape Coral (leehealth.org, ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Thursday, Nov. 23: Thanksgiving Day 5K Run/Walk, Germain Arena, Estero (eliteevents.org)
- Thursday, Nov. 23: Gulf Coast Runner’s Thanksgiving 5K, Cambier Park, Naples (gcrunner.org)
- Saturday, Dec. 2: 39th annual City of Palms River 10K Run and 2-mile fun run/walk. 8 a.m., Centennial Park, Fort Myers (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Saturday, Dec. 2: Run for Hannah 5K, 8 a.m., Rotary Park, Cape Coral (3dracinginc.com)
- Saturday, Dec. 2: Collier County Public Schools Wellness Fun Run, 5K competitive race, 5K fun run and 1 mile fun run. 8 a.m., Barron Collier High School (gcrunner.org)
- Saturday, Dec. 9: Babcock Ranch Jingle Bell 5K/10K, 7:30 a.m., Babcock Ranch (3dracinginc.com)
- Saturday, Dec. 9: QBE Shootout 5K, 7:30 a.m., Tiburon Golf Club, Naples (gcrunner.org)
- Saturday, Dec. 16: Citygate Ministries Downtown Christmas Run 5K, 6 p.m., downtown Fort Myers (3dracinginc.com)
- Saturday, Dec. 16: Christmas Santa Stroll 5K Glow Run, 5:30 p.m. (eliteevents.org)
- Saturday, Dec. 23: Marco 5 Mile Hill Run, 8 a.m., Wesley United Methodist Church, Marco Island (gcrunner.org)
- For more running events visit gcrunner.org/calendar.html; ftmyerstrackclub.com/race-calendar; and 3dracinginc.com/
- Friday, Nov. 24: Turkey Leg Century. Welcome Ride, 20 mile distance @ 14-16 miles per hour (no drop); Metric Century, 62 miles @ 16-18 miles per hour (no drop); Full Century, 100 mile @ 18-20 miles per hour (self supported). 7 a.m., Publix @ Daniels Crossing Shopping Center
6890 Daniels Pkwy. Details at caloosariders.org.
- Saturday, Nov. 25: Saturday Slow Roll. 8 a.m. meet-up at 2160 McGregor Blvd. Recommended for inexperienced/young riders. Distance is 6 miles, includes group ride instruction. (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
- Sunday, Nov. 26: Iron Joe Turkey Ride, 62-, 30-, 20- and 5-mile rides, starts and ends at Fit & Fuel Bicycle Café, Vanderbilt Beach Road, Naples (caloosariders.org
- Friday, Dec. 1: SW Florida Critical Mass ride. A family-friendly slow ride through Fort Myers starting at a special time: 7:15 p.m. Front and rear bike lights required. Grab your helmet, bring all your friends and meet in the open field next to Publix at First Street Village, 2160 McGregor Blvd. Fort Myers (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
- Ongoing: Join the Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club on one of their many weekly rides for members and potential members, with an array of paces and routes to choose from. Check them out online at www.caloosariders.org.
- For more Lee County cycling and tri events, visit Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club (caloosariders.org); Florida Mudcutters (mudcutters.org); and SW Florida Biking Meetup Group (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL).
- Sunday, Dec. 17: Christmas Sprint Duathlon & Triathlon, 7 a.m., Sugden Regional Park, Naples (eliteevents.org)
- Check trifind.com to find regional and state tris.