- Saturday, Aug. 26: North Collier Regional Rampage 5K. The third and final event in the Elite Events Summer 5k Series will take place at North Collier Regional Park. Runners will race through the park on closed pathways and have plenty of views of vegetation, fountains, and water. This flat and shady course will give runners a great chance to run a fast time. 7 a.m., North Collier Regional Park. (eliteevents.org)
- Monday, Sept. 4: Labor Day 5K, Lowdermilk Park, Naples (gcrunners.org)
- Saturday, Sept. 16: Lee County Medical Society Foundation Fun Run 5K, Lakes Regional Park, Fort Myers (3dracinginc.com)
- Saturday, Sept. 30: Walk Like MADD & 5K Dash, JetBlue Park, Fort Myers (active.com)
- For more running events visit gcrunner.org/calendar.html; ftmyerstrackclub.com/race-calendar; and 3dracinginc.com/.
- Friday, Aug. 18: Roll Estero Critical Mass ride. 7:30 p.m. 10021 Estero Town Commons Place #108, Estero. Lights required, helmets highly recommended. (meetup.com)
- Friday, Aug. 25: Cape Coral Critical Mass ride. Gather at 7:30 p.m. at 4706 SE 11th Place for a family-friendly ride through the Cape. Lights required, helmets recommended. (meetup.com)
- Saturday, Aug. 26: Saturday Slow Roll 9 a.m. meet-up at 2160 McGregor Blvd. Recommended for inexperienced/young riders. Distance is 6 miles, includes group ride instruction. (meetup.com)
- Sept. 2-4: Tour of Sebring. Take your ride on the road for one, two or three days in the center of the state. Cyclists will especially appreciate our lightly traveled back roads, friendly motorists, citrus groves, cattle ranches, and small towns typical of rural Central Florida. (tourofsebring.com).
- Ongoing: Join the Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club on one of their many weekly rides for members and potential members, with an array of paces and routes to choose from. Check them out online at www.caloosariders.org.
- For more Lee County cycling and tri events, visit Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club (caloosariders.org); Florida Mudcutters (mudcutters.org); and SW Florida Biking Meetup Group (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL).
- Saturday, Sept. 2: Venice YMCA Tri, sprint distance, Sharkey’s on the Pier, Venice (trifind.com).
- Saturday-Sunday, Sept. 9-10: Galloway Captiva Tri. Kids’ events Saturday, three age groups and varying distances. Adult sprint Sunday (www.captivatri.org).
- Saturday, Sept. 30: Siesta Key Triathlon, sprint distance, Siesta Key Public Beach (trifind.com)
- Check trifind.com to find more regional and state tris.