- Tuesday July 4: Freedom 5K, Cape Coral Parkway/Bridge. Race information and pre-registration on freedom5kcc.com. Race day registation 6.30 a.m., race starts 7.30 a.m. (freedom5kcc.com)
- Tuesday, July 4: USA Independence Day 5K, Germain Arena, Estero. Race starts 7.00 a.m. (eliteevents.org)
- Tuesday, July 4: Moe’s Firecracker 5K, Fleischmann Park, Naples (gcrunner.org)
- Saturday, July 15: 9th Annual Beat the Heat 5K, Jaycee Park, Cape Coral (3dracinginc.com)
- Tuesday, July 18: 2-Mile Fun Run, from Run Florida (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Saturday, July 29: Eagle Lakes 5K, Eagle Lakes Community Park, Naples (eliteevents.org)
- Saturday, Aug. 12: 9th annual Cape 5K, Jaycee Park, Cape Coral (3dracinginc.com)
- For more running events visit gcrunner.org/calendar.html; ftmyerstrackclub.com/race-calendar; and 3dracinginc.com/.
- Saturday, June 24: Saturday Slow Roll. 9 a.m. meet-up at 2160 McGregor Blvd. Recommended for inexperienced/young riders. Distance is 6 miles, includes group ride instruction. (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
- Friday, June 30: Cape Coral Critical Mass ride. Gather at 7:30 p.m. at 4706 SE 11th Place for a family-friendly ride through the Cape. Lights required, helmets recommended. (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
- Friday, July 7: SW Florida Critical Mass ride. A family-friendly slow ride through Fort Myers starting at 7:15 p.m. Front and rear bike lights required. Grab your helmet, bring all your friends and meet in the open field next to Publix at First Street Village, 2160 McGregor Blvd. Fort Myers. (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
- Sunday, July 9: 8th annual Wheels & Wings, 15-, 32-, 50- and 62-mile rides and a 40-mile Gravel Grinder plus more. Peace River Riders (www.peaceriverridersbicycleclub.com)
- Ongoing: Join the Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club on one of their many weekly rides for members and potential members, with an array of paces and routes to choose from. Check them out online at www.caloosariders.org.
- For more Lee County cycling and tri events, visit Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club (caloosariders.org); Florida Mudcutters (mudcutters.org); and SW Florida Biking Meetup Group (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL).
- Sunday, July 2: American Sprint triathlon & duathlon. Sugden Regional Park, Naples (eliteevents.org)
- Saturday, July 8: Englewood YMCA Sprint Triathlon, Englewood (www.swflymca.org/programs/englewood-triathlon/)
- Check trifind.com to find more regional and state tris.