- Saturday, May 13: Lovers Key Turtle Trot 5K. This unique 5k trail course takes runners through a shady maritime hammock ecosystem, and ends at the pavilion overlooking the beach where refreshments are served and awards are presented. Registration opens 7:00 a.m., start 8:00 a.m., Lovers Key State Park, 8700 Estero Blvd, Fort Myers Beach (www.friendsofloverskey.org)
- Sunday, May 14: Holly Morgan Fisher Memorial 5K XC Trail Run. All proceeds will be divided going to the Holly Morgan Fisher Memorial fund & XC/NPHS Athletics. Registration opens 5:30 a.m., race starts 7:08 a.m. North Port High School (3dracinginc.com)
- Saturday May 20: Cape Cops 5K, Cape Coral Yacht Club (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Monday, May 29: SNIP Collier Memorial Day 5K (gcrunner.org)
- Monday, May 29: Sandoval 5K, Cape Coral (3dracinginc.com)
- Saturday, June 17: Sugden Stride 5K, Sugden Regional Park, Naples (eliteevents.org)
- For more running events visit gcrunner.org/calendar.html; ftmyerstrackclub.com/race-calendar; and 3dracinginc.com/.
- Friday, May 12: NE-Lee Critical Mass ride. Gathers at 7:30 p.m. at the Winn-Dixie, 14600 Palm Beach Blvd. Lights required, helmets recommended. (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
- Saturday, May 13: Sanibel Critical Mass ride. Gathers at 7:15 p.m. at Jerry’s Shopping Center, 1700 Periwinkle Way, on Sanibel. Lights required, helmets recommended. (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
- Wednesday, May 17: Ride of Silence, Centennial Park, downtown Fort Myers (caloosariders.org)
- Friday, May 19: Roll Estero. 7 p.m. at Our Lady of Light Catholic Church at 19680 Cypress View Drive, Estero. Lights required, helmets recommended. (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
- Ongoing: Join the Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club on one of their many weekly rides for members and potential members, with an array of paces and routes to choose from. Check them out online at www.caloosariders.org.
- For more Lee County cycling and tri events, visit Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club (caloosariders.org); Florida Mudcutters (mudcutters.org); and SW Florida Biking Meetup Group (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL).
- Saturday, May 13: Cape Coral Sprint Triathlon. The City of Cape Coral Parks and Recreation Department and Lee Health are pleased to present the 8th Annual Cape Coral Yacht Club Sprint Triathlon. This USAT sanctioned event is held annually in the beautiful historic area of Southeast Cape Coral. Yacht Club Community Park (www.active.com/cape-coral-fl/triathlon/races/cape-coral-yacht-club-sprint-triathlon-2017)
- Sunday, June 4: 31st Annual Fitness Challenge Reverse Tri. Naples Beach Club, Naples. (thefitnesschallengetriathlon.com)
- Sunday, July 2: American Sprint triathlon & duathlon. Sugden Regional Park, Naples (eliteevents.org)
- Check trifind.com to find more regional and state tris.