- Saturday May 20: Cape Cops 5K. 6:30 a.m., Cape Coral Yacht Club, 5819 Driftwood Parkway. The race begins and ends at Cape Coral Yacht Club. The course takes you through surrounding neighborhoods. Refreshments will be served following the race. Proceeds from this event will be used to assist families of fallen and injured officers. (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Monday, May 29: SNIP Collier Memorial Day 5K (gcrunner.org)
- Monday, May 29: Sandoval 5K, Cape Coral (3dracinginc.com)
- Monday, May 29: Memorial Day Veterans 10K and 5K race, Laisley Park, Punta Gorda (www.memorialdayrace.com or www.active.com)
- Saturday, June 17: Sugden Stride 5K, Sugden Regional Park, Naples (eliteevents.org)
- For more running events visit gcrunner.org/calendar.html; ftmyerstrackclub.com/race-calendar; and 3dracinginc.com/.
- Wednesday, May 17: Ride of Silence, 7:00 p.m., arrive by 6:45 p.m. Centennial Park, downtown Fort Myers. Cyclists will ride in a silent, funeral-style procession at 10-12 mph for 8 miles to
honor those who have been killed or injured while cycling on public roadways. The Ride of Silence is a worldwide event. Riders are requested to wear black arm bands (red if they have personally been injured in a cycling versus motor vehicle accident). Everyone welcome, free of charge. No registration necessary. Helmets are required, no headphones please. (caloosariders.org)
- Friday, May 19: Roll Estero. 7 p.m. at Our Lady of Light Catholic Church at 19680 Cypress View Drive, Estero. Lights required, helmets recommended. (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
- Saturday, May 20: LaBelle Slow Roll, 9 a.m. meet-up at 71 South Lee Street, helmets recommended (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/).
- Friday, May 26: Cape Coral Critical Mass ride. Gather at 7:30 p.m. at 4706 SE 11th Place for a family-friendly ride through the Cape. Lights required, helmets recommended. (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
- Saturday, May 27: Saturday Slow Roll. 9 a.m. meet-up at 2160 McGregor Blvd. Recommended for inexperienced/young riders. Distance is 6 miles, includes group ride instruction. (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
- Friday, May 5: SW Florida Critical Mass ride. A family-friendly slow ride through Fort Myers starting at 7:15 p.m. Front and rear bike lights required. Grab your helmet, bring all your friends and meet in the open field next to Publix at First Street Village, 2160 McGregor Blvd. Fort Myers. (twitter.com/swflcm or meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
- Ongoing: Join the Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club on one of their many weekly rides for members and potential members, with an array of paces and routes to choose from. Check them out online at www.caloosariders.org.
- For more Lee County cycling and tri events, visit Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club (caloosariders.org); Florida Mudcutters (mudcutters.org); and SW Florida Biking Meetup Group (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL).
- Sunday, June 4: 31st Annual Fitness Challenge Reverse Tri. Naples Beach Club, Naples. (thefitnesschallengetriathlon.com)
- Sunday, July 2: American Sprint triathlon & duathlon. Sugden Regional Park, Naples (eliteevents.org)
- Saturday, July 8: Englewood YMCA Sprint Triathlon, Englewood (www.swflymca.org/programs/englewood-triathlon/)
- Check trifind.com to find more regional and state tris.