- Saturday, April 29: Head/Neck Cancer 5K. 100% of the funds will remain in Southwest Florida and will be used for Head & Neck cancer screening, treatment and follow-up care, financial assistance for Head & neck cancer patients in need, and for educational programs related to Head & Neck cancer. Registration opens 7:00 a.m., 5K Run/2 Mile walk starts at 8:00 a.m. Hammond Stadium, Fort Myers (3dracinginc.com)
- Sunday, May 7: Tropicool 5K. Enjoy a wonderful 5K race that showcases the beautiful streets of Olde Naples. This course is two loops starting on Broad Street. Starts 7:30 a.m., Olde Naples (gcrunner.org)
- Saturday, May 13: Lovers Key Turtle Trot 5K (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Saturday May 20: Cape Cops 5K, Cape Coral Yacht Club (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Monday, May 29: SNIP Collier Memorial Day 5K (gcrunner.org)
- Saturday, June 17: Sugden Stride 5K, Sugden Regional Park, Naples (eliteevents.org)
- For more running events visit gcrunner.org/calendar.html; ftmyerstrackclub.com/race-calendar; and 3dracinginc.com/.
- Friday, April 28: Cape Coral Critical Mass ride. Gather at 7:30 p.m. at 4706 SE 11th Place for a family-friendly ride through the Cape. Lights required, helmets recommended. (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
- Saturday, April 29: SW Florida Critical Mass will offer a starter/sightseeing ride on Saturday; gather at 9 a.m., roll at 9:15 a.m. from 2160 McGregor Blvd. Distance is 6 miles, includes group ride instruction. (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
- Friday, May 5: SW Florida Critical Mass ride. A family-friendly slow ride through Fort Myers starting at 7:15 p.m. Front and rear bike lights required. Grab your helmet, bring all your friends and meet in the open field next to Publix at First Street Village, 2160 McGregor Blvd. Fort Myers. (twitter.com/swflcm or meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
- Friday, May 12: NE-Lee Critical Mass ride. Gathers at 7:30 p.m. at the Winn-Dixie, 14600 Palm Beach Blvd. Lights required, helmets recommended. (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
- Saturday, May 13: Sanibel Critical Mass ride. Gathers at 7:15 p.m. at Jerry’s Shopping Center, 1700 Periwinkle Way, on Sanibel. Lights required, helmets recommended. (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
- Wednesday, May 17: Ride of Silence, Centennial Park, downtown Fort Myers (caloosariders.org)
- Friday, May 19: Roll Estero. 7 p.m. at Our Lady of Light Catholic Church at 19680 Cypress View Drive, Estero. Lights required, helmets recommended. (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
- Ongoing: Join the Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club on one of their many weekly rides for members and potential members, with an array of paces and routes to choose from. Check them out online at www.caloosariders.org.
- For more Lee County cycling and tri events, visit Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club (caloosariders.org); Florida Mudcutters (mudcutters.org); and SW Florida Biking Meetup Group (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL).
- Saturday, May 13: Cape Coral Sprint Triathlon. The City of Cape Coral Parks and Recreation Department and Lee Health are pleased to present the 8th Annual Cape Coral Yacht Club Sprint Triathlon. This USAT sanctioned event is held annually in the beautiful historic area of Southeast Cape Coral. Yacht Club Community Park (www.active.com/cape-coral-fl/triathlon/races/cape-coral-yacht-club-sprint-triathlon-2017)
- Check trifind.com to find more regional and state tris.