- Saturday, Feb. 18: Edison Festival 5K, 5:45 p.m., downtown Fort Myers (www.edisonfestival.org/events/2017/5k-run)
- Sunday, Feb. 19: Paradise Coast Half Marathon & 5K. Lely Resort, Naples (eliteevents.org)
- Saturday, Feb. 25: Swamp stop 5L, to benefit the Caloosa Human Society. 7:30 a.m., Grandeur Oaks Town Center, LaBelle (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Sunday, Feb. 26: Naples Coconut Run 5K.7:30 a.m. at Lowdermilk Park, Naples (gcrunner.org)
- Sunday, March 5: Hooters Half Marathon, 7 a.m., Fort Myers (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- For more running events visit gcrunner.org/calendar.html; ftmyerstrackclub.com/race-calendar; and 3dracinginc.com/.
- Saturday, Feb. 17: Roll Estero Critical Mass ride. Meet up 7:00 p.m., roll at 7:30 p.m. Grab your bike and helmet and come join the new ride for the 3rd Friday of every month. This will be a shorter seven to eight mile ride around the quiet neighborhoods of Estero and San Carlos Park. Invite your friends and relatives. We'll be ridiing in the dark so don't forget your front and rear lights. Meeting location: parking lot of Our Lady of Light Catholic Church at 19680 Cypress View Dr, Estero, FL 33967. (www.meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
- Saturday, Feb. 18: Weekly Saturday Morning 12-14 mph ride. A ride that will help adults make the transition from casual riding to road biking. 13 miles total. Rolling at 8:30 in the morning. Please arrive early to air up and prep. Meet at Shops at Surfside, 2354 Surfside Blvd, Cape Coral. (www.meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
- Friday, Feb. 24: Cape Coral Critical Mass ride. This is an 11 mile ride that rolls as a group at a very relaxed speed of 8-10 mph with a 10 minute break half way through at the Cape Coral Yatch Club. As with all night rides, bike lights (white on front and red on back) are required and helmets are strongly encouraged, required if under 16 years old. 7:00 p.m., Farmer's market parking lot, 4706 SE 11th Place, Cape Coral. (www.meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
- Saturday, Feb 25: SW Florida Critical Mass will offer a starter/sightseeing ride on Saturday; gather at 9 a.m., roll at 9:15 a.m. from 2160 McGregor Blvd. Distance is 6 miles, includes group ride instruction. (www.meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
- Sunday, March 12: 19th annual Royal Palm Classic, with 15-, 40- and 62-mile rides starting from Fort Myers Brewing Company, 12811 Commerce Lakes Dr, Suite 27-28. (caloosariders.org)
- Ongoing: Join the Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club on one of their many weekly rides for members and potential members, with an array of paces and routes to choose from. Check them out online at www.caloosariders.org.
- For more Lee County cycling and tri events, visit Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club (caloosariders.org); Florida Mudcutters (mudcutters.org); and SW Florida Biking Meetup Group (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL).
- Check trifind.com to find regional and state tris.