- Saturday, Jan. 14: Facial Hair for Cancer Causes 5K/10K run and 5K walk, Tara Woods, North Fort Myers (3dracinginc.com)
- Sunday, Jan. 15: Naples Daily News Half Marathon, Fifth Avenue South, Naples (gcrunner.org).
- Saturday, Jan. 21: Wings Over Water 5K Nature Run, presented by the Rotary Club of Lehigh Acres. Harns Marsh, 3399 38th Street West, Lehigh Acres. (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Saturday, Jan. 28: Calusa BUG Chase, to help kids Bring Up Grades. Calusa Nature Center, 3450 Ortiz Ave., Fort Myers.
- Saturday, Jan. 28: Run the Paws 5K, supports Humane Society of Naples. Naples Airport (gcrunner.org)
- Saturday, Jan. 28: Snowflake Shuffle 5K, Hancock Creek Elementary, North Fort Myers (3dracinginc.com)
- Saturday, Feb. 4: 6th annual Strides for Education 5K, at Florida Southwestern State College Fort Myers campus (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Saturday, Feb. 11: Gold Medal 5K, 7:30 a.m., 6200 Trail Blvd. North, Naples (gcrunner.org)
- Sunday, Feb. 12: Edison Festival Junior Fun Run, 100 meters to 1 mile depending on age. Noon, downtown Fort Myers (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Saturday, Feb. 18: Edison Festival 5K, 5:45 p.m., downtown Fort Myers (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Sunday, Feb. 19: Paradise Coast Half Marathon & 5K. Lely Resort, Naples (eliteevents.org)
- Sunday, Feb. 26: Naples Coconut Run 5K.7:30 a.m. at Lowdermilk Park, Naples (gcrunner.org)
- For more running events visit gcrunner.org/calendar.html; ftmyerstrackclub.com/race-calendar; and 3dracinginc.com/.
- Friday, Jan. 13: NE-Lee Critical Mass ride, gathers at 7:30 p.m. at the Winn-Dixie, 14600 Palm Beach Blvd. Lights required, helmets recommended. (http://www.meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
- Saturday, Jan. 14: Sanibel Critical Mass ride, gathers at 7:15 p.m. at Jerry’s Shopping Center, 1700 Periwinkle Way, on Sanibel. Lights required, helmets recommended. (http://www.meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
- Sunday, Jan. 15: Hamster Wheel 200, Peace River Riders. Rides of 32 miles, metric century, century or double century (peaceriverridersbicycleclub.com)
- Saturday-Sunday, Jan. 21-22: 26th annual Tour de Cape, Cape Harbour Resort. Saturday: 5K run and Kids 3 Mile Ride. The 5K run/walk is designed for advanced and novice runners. A continental breakfast will be available for participants. Kids will receive a T-shirt and a hot dog lunch. The course is designed to be safe and flat and well supported by the Cape Coral Police Department. Great family start to a healthy new year. Sunday: bike tours. Varied routes from 15, 30, 62, and 100 mile courses in the west and north sections of Cape Coral. The event provides a continental breakfast, lunch, on route rest stations with snacks and beverages, SAG vehicles, Police support, and route maps. (www.tourdecape.net/race---ride.html)
- Friday, Jan. 27: Cape Coral Critical Mass ride. Gather at 7:30 p.m. at 4706 SE 11th Place for a family-friendly ride through the Cape. Lights required, helmets recommended. (http://www.meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
- Saturday, Jan. 28: SW Florida Critical Mass will offer a starter/sightseeing ride on Saturday; gather at 9 a.m., roll at 9:15 a.m. from 2160 McGregor Blvd. Distance is 6 miles, includes group ride instruction. (http://www.meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
- For more Lee County cycling and tri events, visit Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club (caloosariders.org); Florida Mudcutters (mudcutters.org); and SW Florida Biking Meetup Group (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL).
- Saturday, Jan. 28: 9th Annual Hands Across the Harbor - Half Marathon Run, Ride, and Roll. Starting at 7.45 a.m. Bayshore Live Oak Park, Charlotte Harbor. 23151 Bayshore Road. Port Charlotte. (www.trifind.com/re_289167/9thAnnualHandsAcrosstheHarborHalfMarathonRunRideandRoll.html)
- Check trifind.com for other state tris.