- Saturday, Jan. 28: Calusa BUG Chase, to help kids Bring Up Grades. Calusa Nature Center, 3450 Ortiz Ave., Fort Myers (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Saturday, Jan. 28: Run for the Paws 5K, supports Humane Society of Naples. Naples Airport (gcrunner.org)
- Saturday, Jan. 28: Snowflake Shuffle 5K, Hancock Creek Elementary, North Fort Myers (3dracinginc.com)
- Saturday, Jan. 28: 9th annual Hands Across the Harbor, half marathon and 5K. Bayshore Live Oak Park, Port Charlotte (www.trifind.com/re_289167/9thAnnualHandsAcrosstheHarborHalfMarathonRunRideandRoll.html).
- Saturday, Feb. 4: 6th annual Strides for Education 5K, at Florida Southwestern State College Fort Myers campus (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Saturday, Feb. 11: Gold Medal 5K, 7:30 a.m., 6200 Trail Blvd. North, Naples (gcrunner.org)
- Sunday, Feb. 12: Edison Festival Junior Fun Run, 100 meters to 1 mile depending on age. Noon, downtown Fort Myers (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Saturday, Feb. 18: Edison Festival 5K, 5:45 p.m., downtown Fort Myers (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Sunday, Feb. 19: Paradise Coast Half Marathon & 5K. Lely Resort, Naples (eliteevents.org)
- Saturday, Feb. 25: Swamp stop 5L, to benefit the Caloosa Human Society. 7:30 a.m., Grandeur Oaks Town Center, LaBelle (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Sunday, Feb. 26: Naples Coconut Run 5K.7:30 a.m. at Lowdermilk Park, Naples (gcrunner.org)
- Sunday, March 5: Hooters Half Marathon, 7 a.m., Fort Myers (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- For more running events visit gcrunner.org/calendar.html; ftmyerstrackclub.com/race-calendar; and 3dracinginc.com/.
- Friday, Jan. 27: Cape Coral Critical Mass ride. Gather at 7:30 p.m. at 4706 SE 11th Place for a family-friendly ride through the Cape. Lights required, helmets recommended. (http://www.meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
- Saturday, Jan. 28: SW Florida Critical Mass will offer a starter/sightseeing ride on Saturday; gather at 9 a.m., roll at 9:15 a.m. from 2160 McGregor Blvd. Distance is 6 miles, includes group ride instruction. (http://www.meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
- Saturday, Jan. 28: 9th annual Hands Across the Harbor, 13.1 mile longboard and 13.1 mile bike ride, plus a 20 or 30 mile bike ride, which incorporates the mile-long Gilchrist Bridge that spans Charlotte Harbor (www.trifind.com/re_289167/9thAnnualHandsAcrosstheHarborHalfMarathonRunRideandRoll.html)
- Friday, Feb. 3: SW Florida Critical Mass ride. A family-friendly slow ride through Fort Myers starting at 7:15 p.m. Front and rear bike lights required. Grab your helmet, bring all your friends and meet in the open field next to Publix at First Street Village, 2160 McGregor Blvd. Fort Myers. (twitter.com/swflcm or http://www.meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
- Friday, Feb. 10: NE-Lee Critical Mass ride, gathers at 7:30 p.m. at the Winn-Dixie, 14600 Palm Beach Blvd. Lights required, helmets recommended. (http://www.meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
- Saturday, Feb. 11: Sanibel Critical Mass ride, gathers at 7:15 p.m. at Jerry’s Shopping Center, 1700 Periwinkle Way, on Sanibel. Lights required, helmets recommended. (http://www.meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
- Ongoing: Join the Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club on one of their many weekly rides for members and potential members, with an array of paces and routes to choose from. Check them out online at www.caloosariders.org.
- For more Lee County cycling and tri events, visit Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club (caloosariders.org); Florida Mudcutters (mudcutters.org); and SW Florida Biking Meetup Group (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL). Triathlons
- Check trifind.com for regional and state tris.