- Saturday, Jan. 21: Wings Over Water 5K Nature Run, presented by the Rotary Club of Lehigh Acres. Harns Marsh, 3399 38th Street West, Lehigh Acres. (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Saturday, Jan. 28: Calusa BUG Chase, to help kids Bring Up Grades. Calusa Nature Center, 3450 Ortiz Ave., Fort Myers.
- Saturday, Jan. 28: Run the Paws 5K, supports Humane Society of Naples. Naples Airport (gcrunner.org)
- Saturday, Jan. 28: Snowflake Shuffle 5K, Hancock Creek Elementary, North Fort Myers (3dracinginc.com)
- Saturday, Feb. 4: 6th annual Strides for Education 5K, at Florida Southwestern State College Fort Myers campus (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Saturday, Feb. 11: Gold Medal 5K, 7:30 a.m., 6200 Trail Blvd. North, Naples (gcrunner.org)
- Sunday, Feb. 12: Edison Festival Junior Fun Run, 100 meters to 1 mile depending on age. Noon, downtown Fort Myers (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Saturday, Feb. 18: Edison Festival 5K, 5:45 p.m., downtown Fort Myers (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Sunday, Feb. 19: Paradise Coast Half Marathon & 5K. Lely Resort, Naples (eliteevents.org)
- Sunday, Feb. 26: Naples Coconut Run 5K.7:30 a.m. at Lowdermilk Park, Naples (gcrunner.org)
- For more running events visit gcrunner.org/calendar.html; ftmyerstrackclub.com/race-calendar; and 3dracinginc.com/.
Tour de Cape 2012 - Photo www.tourdecape.net
- Friday, Jan. 27: Cape Coral Critical Mass ride. Gather at 7:30 p.m. at 4706 SE 11th Place for a family-friendly ride through the Cape. Lights required, helmets recommended. (http://www.meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
- Saturday, Jan. 28: SW Florida Critical Mass will offer a starter/sightseeing ride on Saturday; gather at 9 a.m., roll at 9:15 a.m. from 2160 McGregor Blvd. Distance is 6 miles, includes group ride instruction. (http://www.meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
- For more Lee County cycling and tri events, visit Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club (caloosariders.org); Florida Mudcutters (mudcutters.org); and SW Florida Biking Meetup Group (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL).
- Saturday, Jan. 28: 9th Annual Hands Across the Harbor - Half Marathon Run, Ride, and Roll. Starting at 7.45 a.m. Bayshore Live Oak Park, Charlotte Harbor. 23151 Bayshore Road. Port Charlotte. (www.trifind.com/re_289167/9thAnnualHandsAcrosstheHarborHalfMarathonRunRideandRoll.html)
- Check trifind.com for other state tris.