December, a great month for outdoor activities here in Southwest Florida. Check out the following events:
- Saturday, Dec. 10: Franklin Templeton Shootout 5K, Tiburon Golf Club, Naples. (runsignup.com/Race/FL/Naples/FranklinTempletonShootout5K)
- Saturday, Dec. 17: Marco 5 Mile Hill Run, Marco Island. (gcrunner.org)
- Saturday, Dec. 17: Christmas Santa Stroll 5K, Lake Avalon, Naples. (eliteevents.org)
- Sunday, Jan. 8: 14th annual River Roots & Ruts Half Marathon and 5K. A change of pace at Caloosahatchee Regional Park, Alva. (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Friday, Dec. 9: NE-Lee Critical Mass ride, gathers at 7:30 p.m. at the Winn-Dixie, 14600 Palm Beach Blvd. Lights required, helmets recommended. (http://www.meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
- Saturday, Dec. 10: Weekly Saturday 12-14 mph ride. Ride for adults interested in learning how to ride a road bike. 8.30 a.m. (arrive early), Shops at Surfside in Cape Coral. 2354 Surfside Blvd, Cape Coral, Florida 33991. Visit www.meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/235874746/ for more information.
- Saturday, Dec. 10: Sanibel Critical Mass ride, gathers at 7:15 p.m. at Jerry’s Shopping Center, 1700 Periwinkle Way, on Sanibel. Lights required, helmets recommended. (http://www.meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
- Friday, Dec. 16: Estero Critical Mass ride. A shorter 7-8 mile ride around Estero and San Carlos Park. Meeting location is Our Lady of Light Catholic Church at 19680 Cypress View Dr, Estero. Roll out at 7:30 p.m. We'll be riding in the dark so don't forget your front and rear lights.
- Saturday, Dec. 17: Weekly Saturday 12-14 mph ride. This ride is for adults able to maintain a minimum speed of 12 mph and are interested in learning how to road bike. 13 miles total. Rolling at 8:30 in the morning. Please arrive early to air up and prep. Shops at Surfside in Cape Coral. 2354 Surfside Blvd, Cape Coral, Florida 33991 (www.meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/235874748/)
- For more Lee County cycling and tri events, visit Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club (caloosariders.org); Florida Mudcutters (mudcutters.org); and SW Florida Biking Meetup Group (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL).