- Sunday, Jan. 1: Dave Craynor 5K and Big Dave’s Polar Plunge. Lowdermilk Park, Naples (gcrunner.org).
- Sunday, Jan. 8: 14th annual River Roots & Ruts Half Marathon and 5K. A change of pace at Caloosahatchee Regional Park, Alva. (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Saturday, Jan. 14: Facial Hair for Cancer Causes 5K/10K run and 5K walk, Tara Woods, Noprth Fort Myers (3dracinginc.com)
- Sunday, Jan. 15: Naples Daily News Half Marathon, Fifth Avenue South, Naples (gcrunner.org).
- Saturday, Jan. 21: Wings Over Water 5K Nature Run, presented by the Rotary Club of Lehigh Acres. Harns Marsh, 3399 38th Street West, Lehigh Acres. (ftmyerstrackclub.com)
- Saturday, Jan. 28: Calusa BUG Chase, to help kids Bring Up Grades. Calusa Nature Center, 3450 Ortiz Ave., Fort Myers.
- Saturday, Jan. 28: Run the Paws 5K, supports Humane Society of Naples. Naples Airport (gcrunner.org)
- Saturday, Jan. 28: Snowflake Shuffle 5K, Hancock Creek Elementary, North Fort Myers (3dracinginc.com)
- For more running events visit gcrunner.org/calendar.html; ftmyerstrackclub.com/race-calendar; and 3dracinginc.com/.
- Friday, Dec. 30: Cape Coral Critical Mass ride. Gather at 7:30 p.m. at 4706 SE 11th Place for a family-friendly ride through the Cape. Lights required, helmets recommended. (http://www.meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
- Saturday, Dec. 31: SW Florida Critical Mass will offer a starter/sightseeing ride on Saturday; gather at 9 a.m., roll at 9:15 a.m. from 2160 McGregor Blvd. Distance is 6 miles, includes group ride instruction. (http://www.meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
- Friday, Jan. 6: SW Florida Critical Mass ride. A family-friendly slow ride through Fort Myers starting at 7:15 p.m. Front and rear bike lights required. Grab your helmet, bring all your friends and meet in the open field next to Publix at First Street Village, 2160 McGregor Blvd. Fort Myers. (twitter.com/swflcm or http://www.meetup.com/Biking-SWFL/events/)
- Sunday, Jan. 15: Hamster Wheel 200, Peace River Riders. Rides of 32 miles, metric century, century or double century (peaceriverridersbicycleclub.com)
- Saturday-Sunday, Jan. 20-21: 26th annual Tour de Cape, Cape Harbour Resort. 5K run Saturday, bike Sunday, distances of 15, 30, 60 and 100 miles (tourdecape.net)
- For more Lee County cycling and tri events, visit Caloosa Riders Bicycle Club (caloosariders.org); Florida Mudcutters (mudcutters.org); and SW Florida Biking Meetup Group (meetup.com/Biking-SWFL).